Need a laptop stand 18" tall

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
I'm re-thinking my setup and wanting to come up with a laptop stand, where the footer goes under my mixer rack and the laptop will sit just above it. The rack case needs about 18" to clear the top of the slant rack. Seems like all the laptop stands I've seen max out at 16". Does anybody know anything taller? I'm not wanting a tripod.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat

I have 2 controller cases with stands very similar to that design pre-mounted inside. I used the monitor mount instead of the laptop attachment, but both were included. I have another stand in my office that also uses that same pole design. It came with that desk clamp like the one in the picture, but it also came with a couple of other mounts. The pole easily detaches from the clamp, so you can mount it using some other method... like a base that slides under a rack case like @rickryan.com is looking for. All you'd need is the metal base plate, and drill a hole in it. Mount the pole, and voila![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently using a homemade shelf and was hoping to find a good "store bought" solution. Sounds like I may have to build, again (or stick with my current). My current thingy is very simple. It's just a piece 12X12 wood (something close to that) with 2 shelf brackets on it. The brackets slide down between the rack case and its fixed handle. I put 1 laptop on the desk, just to the right of the case and have the 2nd laptop right over the top of it, also to the right of the rack.

Drill holes and put T-nuts on the inside of the rack case. Then use threaded thumb-screws or hand knobs to attach whatever hardware you need directly to the case wall itself.

If you move or slide the case for any reason while in use, all your accessories and connections will safely move with it.

Try using both hands (at the same time).
I do, but they seem to click in 10 deg increments and my coordination must not be that fine.

Looks more like a 3 to me... Wait... let me lay down... YEP![emoji1]... M.[emoji1]

Ooops ... just turned over... It's a W.[emoji1]

Could be a 7 that took a wrong turn. ;)

If we use the lid, could be a fancy character with an accent over it.

Cap, how sturdy is this unit...does the shelf bounce up and down or sag while typing on the laptop? Does the mouse pad do the same? I'm a heavy typist. Do you have a photo of the stand w/ laptop and mouse pad positioned with your DJ setup? Curious how it might function with a road case sitting on a banquet table. Do you use all 3 units for DJ work?

Also, do you use any type of USB hub with this system?

Reactions: ittigger