Music today is WEAK...No real feeling to it

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Im not feeling a lot of the current new music, which sucks for me as that is what I personally listen too( when I am not going back in time to the 90's)

I am just not a fan of the slow tempo that is really popular right now.

Im not feeling a lot of the current new music, which sucks for me as that is what I personally listen too( when I am not going back in time to the 90's)

I am just not a fan of the slow tempo that is really popular right now.

Most is completely undancable but they still try the old cellphone in hand swagger on the dance floor

Reactions: Dan The Man
It’s pretty hard to build energy at 90 - 100 bpm
Not true at all... this is where quick mixing plays a big role, and knowing the music and being able to maintain and build the energy with hot track after hot track. I have a whole set of where I play about 10 songs at 98 bpms in less than 5 min... the energy is insane with people going crazy as I drop one vocal into the other. Energy isnt just jumping up and down, but rather creating excitement... which music naturally does.

Not true at all... this is where quick mixing plays a big role, and knowing the music and being able to maintain and build the energy with hot track after hot track. I have a whole set of where I play about 10 songs at 98 bpms in less than 5 min... the energy is insane with people going crazy as I drop one vocal into the other. Energy isnt just jumping up and down, but rather creating excitement... which music naturally does.
Good point, Promo Only does Quick edits, I think they average about 2 minutes , I found those work good for slow tempo mixing. They all have intros on them.

You'll never catch me doing a loop starting at 2:30, when the Ladies chorus jumps in on O.P.P. by Naughty By Nature. Heck No!! :laugh:

I'll say it this way. What some people consider talent I say they need a day job and some a night job too.

People like Usher. I say if he depended on me to survive he would starve to death . Jaheim is another one and also Mary J Bleigh. People also like Anita Baker. Will I play their music? Of course. I just have to try not to throw up .

C'mon! Where are the Love Ballads? Where are the deep down soul grabbing Slow Dance Songs that couples could truly appreciate, and get immersed in? Where are the serious, well written lyrics from the heart?

Where's the Saxophone? Seriously...WTF happened to the SAX in songs?

This young generation is DEPRIVED! ...I mean really...In the 90s and early 2000s I could play so much slow love music that would be responsible for MAKING BABIES, getting dudes laid, and relationships started. Now, there ain't crap which causes dudes to be glued to video games 24/7 and girls scrolling dating apps 24/7 complaining about the unbelieveable amount of male stupidity and douschbagery that is running rampant in society today....

I'm off my soapbox. ...Just been listening to some real music lately from the 80s and 90s and shaking my head at how out of touch today's music is in terms of emotion, lyrical content and vocal talent! :director:

:shrug::cheers:
Everything is electronic these days no real instruments maybe that's the reason you don't get the feel.

A thought process like this - "What sounds like Uptown Funk but is different enough that people buy it?". This reduces risk, but increases pablum.

That's been happening since the early 50's. A new artist would have a big hit. Then the record label would do just that.

Look at the multiple titles with "Twist" in it from Chubby Checker.

Everything is electronic these days no real instruments maybe that's the reason you don't get the feel.

Just like new technology has hurt our industry, so has it for the recording industry.

Think Auto Tune, any recording app, social media...no need for a label to get started...only once you get noticed do they swoop in and promote.

I'll say it this way. What some people consider talent I say they need a day job and some a night job too.

People like Usher. I say if he depended on me to survive he would starve to death . Jaheim is another one and also Mary J Bleigh. People also like Anita Baker. Will I play their music? Of course. I just have to try not to throw up .
OK, if you're gonna be this critical let me hear you sing or play an instrument. You're getting mixed up between talent and what you personally like or don't like. Maybe that's why they call you mix?

Reactions: ittigger