Music today is WEAK...No real feeling to it

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
In my opinion, we will have some. How many - remains to be seen - but there will be some. Historically, this is no different.

Just like new technology has hurt our industry, so has it for the recording industry.

Think Auto Tune, any recording app, social media...no need for a label to get started...only once you get noticed do they swoop in and promote.

I hate Auto-Tune. I hear it on soo many songs. If you need Auto-Tune to record, you either need to practice on your singing more or you are just not good enough. I get that it can be used as a fun extreme vocal effect, but when used for pitch correction to try to cover up a singer's lack of skill/talent, it makes me cringe.

I think a lot of artists also focus too much on dancing while performing and it really affects their ability to sing live. I would rather hear an artist actually singing live and sounding like the studio recording than dancing while lip syncing.

We all have become geezers. We sound like our grandparents and parents complaining about the current generation's music. There will always be great music in every generation. I think with the advent of social media, it's probably easier to get the exposure as an artist, but it also means more talentless people trying to make it.

I personally prefer to hear original music. I'm not a big fan of singing artists that redo classic hits trying to make it their own hit or heavily using music samples. Most times they don't come close to what makes a classic so special, but there are always some exceptions.

Music computer software is automating music creativity and sometimes taking these shortcuts seems to make songs not as inspirational.

Reactions: ittigger
I find myself playing some 90’s and 00’s throwbacks nowadays that I never thought would be played again

The 90's are here again. I see high school kids now with the same hairdo as I had in high school. I think it's funny, but I hope 90's clothes does not make a hit again. Boy, were those clothes bad looking. Bruno Mars is obviously a big 90's music and fashion fan.

The 90's are here again. I see high school kids now with the same hairdo as I had in high school. I think it's funny, but I hope 90's clothes does not make a hit again. Boy, were those clothes bad looking. Bruno Mars is obviously a big 90's music and fashion fan.
If it makes u feel better about the clothe jnco just filed for bankruptcy l. They made those super baggy wide leg jeans. I had a few of em in middle school lol

90s clothes were no worse than the 80s clothes which were no worse than the 70s. I had platform shoes, disco pants and patterned polyester shirts in the late 70s

.. and who doesn't like leisure suits.

Leisure suits should come back! :)

I had some REALLY COOL leisure suits in the 70's. I was stationed in Thailand and knew a fabulous tailor. Anything I could draw, he could make, and it fit me better than any store bought clothes. Besides designing the clothes, I also picked the fabrics. When I returned to the states, I had a closet full of leisure suits.[emoji1] Within a couple of years, the leisure suit was out of style.[emoji853] It was a fun time though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some songs may "still be around"....
but there certainly won't be another Freebird, Piano Man, or Stairway to Heaven.
What .. kids won't be singing "Despacito"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jas and dunlopj
Yea .. they don't write them like "Muskrat Love" any more ... :(

This happens a lot.

We compare the best of whatever decade to ALL of the current music.

Plenty of forgettable music from any decade. Which is why you forgot it. :)

While I really like a lot a music today, my favorite decades happen to be the 70s and 80s. They just happen to be the times I spent a lot of time with my friends listening to music.

I would not be shocked to hear kids say the 2000's were their favorite decade. 90s had a lot of great songs too. And let's not forget the 60s.

Last edited:
I remember being a kid and my dad telling me that the stuff I was listening to like queen, David Bowie, kiss, led Zeppelin, the Who, and Jimi Hendrix were just dressing or acting weird for shock value because they weren't talented enough to get by with their music. They weren't classy like the great musicians from the 40s and 50s.

Sounds familiar

I remember being a kid and my dad telling me that the stuff I was listening to like queen, David Bowie, kiss, led Zeppelin, the Who, and Jimi Hendrix were just dressing or acting weird for shock value because they weren't talented enough to get by with their music. They weren't classy like the great musicians from the 40s and 50s.

Sounds familiar
Probably right with Kiss .. :)

There is still a lot of good dance music. I just stay away from rap-crap music, hip hop and r&b. I love to play old soul, reggae and new latino songs.