Moving head wash

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I'm in the spot instead of wash camp for movers as well. As was mentioned sharper beams define movement better and allow you to keep that narrower beam confined to the dance floor. The wash is ok for younger events where it's predominantly standing, but if you have more formal dinner and dancing type events I don't want the wash on them at all. It's annoying as a seated guest who may be trying to watch and enjoy the event in their own way. I think we've all been to weddings etc where it was very aggravating to try and watch the goings on with the lighting shining or strobing directly in your face. As someone also mentioned, LED is even more annoying direct on than incandescent or halogen.
It's best to keep it on the dance floor or up at the ceiling as much as possible imo. Ok.........rant over.

When I use a moving head as a wash - it's not moving it's just color scrolling.
If a color wash is all you want or need then there's no point in using a mover for that. Just use whatever setup will produce the color changes you want - and save a whole lot of money.

When I use a moving head as a wash - it's not moving it's just color scrolling.
If a color wash is all you want or need then there's no point in using a mover for that. Just use whatever setup will produce the color changes you want - and save a whole lot of money.
Another good informative post with zero attitude you sir get an A for the day

Reactions: ittigger and DJ TJ
Another good informative post with zero attitude you sir get an A for the day

LOL. Ironic how quick you are to call other people condescending.

You pose a question with unreasonable constraints upon which you did no prior research of your own, pose entitled to be educated on the matter by others without reflection, and presume to grade their helpfulness?

F*** that.