Moving head for under $90.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I was just looking on Ebay because I sold an item and needed to know when I can expect the funds to go to my account. That's my first time selling anything on Ebay.

I was checking out the site and came across these Chinese moving heads for $89.99 with free shipping. I know I'm going to take a beating for this but here it goes. I was thinking I could get 2 of these for less than $200. I know they are not Chauvet or ADJ. Just thinking I could take a chance on them and if they work out great. If not I won't be out of a lot of money. My thing is if they last me a year or two I will have gotten my monies worth out of them. They a built-in gobo. OK now have at it. I'm a big boy I can take it.

I have some to play with.
1. Be prepared to open them up and fix loose connections.
2. You need to understand DMX. Most of their pre-programmed or sound mode suck.
3. Have several extra because they will randomly break.
4. As soon as you get them, open them up and check the specs of everything. They may say 30 watt but are really only 10 watt.

I have some to play with.
1. Be prepared to open them up and fix loose connections.
2. You need to understand DMX. Most of their pre-programmed or sound mode suck.
3. Have several extra because they will randomly break.
4. As soon as you get them, open them up and check the specs of everything. They may say 30 watt but are really only 10 watt.
Way over Mix's head

Customer:
I will hire a dj that's way less than every other dj. Maybe this dj isn't the greatest, but how bad can he be? It's only playing music

You get what you pay for. Take the $200 and buy lottery tickets. You have better odds there than with a no name eBay cheap moving head light.

I'm going to the DJ Expo and will look there. I may not get the moving heads but something else.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is; DEFINITELY buy some moving heads... the cheaper, the better?[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea .. yea .. that's what I'm saying ...

Reactions: ittigger
Can you post a link to them Mix?

Reactions: ittigger
Customer:
I will hire a dj that's way less than every other dj. Maybe this dj isn't the greatest, but how bad can he be? It's only playing music

You get what you pay for. Take the $200 and buy lottery tickets. You have better odds there than with a no name eBay cheap moving head light.
or he could buy a couple of those wireless mic he was looking at for that price.

Reactions: Jeff Romard