Movers - would this be too strong?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Moving heads are pretty well USELESS without DMX control. The absolute BEST fixture for non-DMX room fill is the Martin Acrobat used in conjunction with the Martin MC-1 easy controller; period. Wish they would have come out with an LED replacement model or that the existing fixture was a tad brighter. Come to think of it, I have a long life bulb inside my main unit so perhaps I could change it out for a brighter one. That bulb has sure lasted, probably due for a change anyhow.

Reactions: sonic-vision
Moving heads are pretty well USELESS without DMX control. The absolute BEST fixture for non-DMX room fill is the Martin Acrobat used in conjunction with the Martin MC-1 easy controller; period. Wish they would have come out with an LED replacement model or that the existing fixture was a tad brighter. Come to think of it, I have a long life bulb inside my main unit so perhaps I could change it out for a brighter one. That bulb has sure lasted, probably due for a change anyhow.
I've previously used the Martin MK-1's with the easy controller. I really liked it. You had the option of manual, random, audio, and then different speeds. I really think if Chauvet or others came out with that similar style controller it might attract some of the non-DMX users.

I've previously used the Martin MK-1's with the easy controller. I really liked it. You had the option of manual, random, audio, and then different speeds. I really think if Chauvet or others came out with that similar style controller it might attract some of the non-DMX users.

I've messaged Chauvet and ADJ about this type of thing many times but they never 'move' on anything. They THINK they are in touch with the regular, everyday working DJ but they are NOT.

Reactions: ittigger
@rickryan.com , not sure if you have access to the "other board", but Dante Michin just posted he is giving up the headphones and is selling off all gear including a pair of Elation 250r and totems .. Selling it All - Retiring and Moving On
Not gonna lie, if I had the transportation I was ready to make him an offer. Those heads are amazing and I wouldn’t of minded expanding to 8 heads for those huge events.

Wow. Not sure what's going on but it looks like the Chauvet 255 is seeing some price reductions. Today, I'm seeing $594.32 on a white unit on Amazon. I want to say they were running $100 more just a few weeks ago.
I thought I saw somewhere Chauvet has some new products they will be releasing soon could be an inventory reduction

I thought I saw somewhere Chauvet has some new products they will be releasing soon could be an inventory reduction

Just picked up my xPress 512 dmx controller. The guy says that Chauvet has a 755 mover that's right at release time. 150-watts and they're selling for about 8 bills. Heads up.

Lighting technology (and depreciation) changes at about the same rate as personal computers. All of my old LED and halogen fixtures might sell for a quarter or third of what I paid for them. LED brightness is finally catching up with halogens. Of course, everyone here already knows this! I guess I'm just ranting a little...

Reactions: ittigger
What controller did you buy?

Showxpress 512. The dongle wouldn't install on my Win7 machine. I finally got it to talk on my Win10 box. Trying to figure out the software now. I can address the fixture thru the editor but don't know how to setup scenes yet. Been watching the youtube vids.

Showxpress 512. The dongle wouldn't install on my Win7 machine. I finally got it to talk on my Win10 box. Trying to figure out the software now. I can address the fixture thru the editor but don't know how to setup scenes yet. Been watching the youtube vids.
I had that one and returned it. I thought ADJ MyDMX was so much easier to learn and work with.

Reactions: sonic-vision