monoprice flat par

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
the reviews seem quite positive...although none of the reviewers seem to be dj's....more holloween hobbyists... but at that price u could afford to replace any broken ones every few years.... id say with their plastic construction they may require more care when transporting.... but could still give ya a few good years

cc

Reactions: steve149
The downside to cheaper PARs is usually the lower grade optics. The individual LED pods aren't as tightly focused (usually) as on better units and tend to have more "haloing" effects (where you see stray colors from the individual led segments).

I can't say it's just the lower end ones as a pair of Blizzard RokSpots I have has horrible haloing on mixed colors, but it's usually better on the pricier ones.

Reactions: ittigger
I have a few Monoprice lights - not the specific model you are referring to. Let me preface this by stating they are NOT used at most of my weddings or high dollar events. They were picked up just based on curiosity and price and are usually used just to fill T-Bars on large lighting displays, send out with my Dj who does my Graduation Parties or leave at my events where I set up in advance (e.g. school systems where you have to set up on Friday Night for the Saturday Dance).

They're Ok. When used in conjunction with other lights as a filler they are fine. I would not solely use these lights. They are not as bright and (as others have mentioned) do not appear to have the same optics some of the bigger brands do.

If you're looking for an economical option, I actually recommend some of the "Adkins" stuff. The distributor is located in my area, I've met the owner and have had good luck with their products. I do recommend reaching out to Adkins directly (phone/email etc.) to get the best price.

Adkins Pro Lighting
1559 S Main St, Akron, OH 44301
(330) 436-3260

Normally I talk to Joe or Mike but I think they have a handful of people working in that building these days. When they had a showroom I was able to walk there from my old house and picked up some effect lights and cables in a pinch one day. The effect lights were great for what they are. I also have their newer style battery uplights. I purchased those at the Atlantic City Dj Expo at their stand last year.

I know some of the owners/part owners also Dj and from what I have heard pretty much strictly only use their own brand of lights.

The Adkins brand does have some audio components (amplifiers, mics etc.). I have never bought any audio components from them as it looks a lot like rebadged Pyle.

Reactions: prodjay