Mixer Options.....

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

scgstuff

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 30, 2017
Central Texas
garrisentertainment.com
Looking at getting another mixer, and wanted a little input....

We currently have a Yamaha MG12XU as our main mixer and love it. We have an Alto ZMX122FX as a second (previously backup) unit. We used to have at most 1 gig per day on the weekends and on a rare occasion a 2nd on the same day and would break out the backup. Now, we have a recurring weekend gig and because many weekends have been booked already, will occasionally have a 3rd. So, trying to get another mixer for either the 2nd or the main system. The Alto will be the 3rd in the line. We love the features of the Yamaha....wondering what might be better....

What we like.....

Mute on each channel, instead of turning volume down
Pick output channels (stereo and/or 1/2) we use this for events where we are playing in one area and announcing in the main area and another area
FX for vocals
USB
Rack ears option for top mount on rack

What we don't like.....

Nothing here yet...

I have heard great things about the ZED-12FX.....am looking at those also....any other suggestions?

I like the Yammy too probably the best bang for the buck mixer out there I have one for my second system and in my studio. On my main system I use one of these. It's a little bigger but lot's of bells and whistles and runs quiet

Are you looking for an actual dj mixer or a sound mixer for like multiple mics instruments and other inputs?
Sound mixer, not controller/mixer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a ZED-10FX... GREAT mixer. Not sure why you'd need 12 channels for mobile DJ, but OK... the 12FX will just cost a little more.[emoji4]Neither is rack mountable. If you want one to mount in the top of your rack, the Soundcraft might be the better choice. My primary mixer is a Denon DN-410X, but it's better suited to mount in the front of a rack because it's deep and the connectors are all on the bottom. It doesn't have all the features you're looking for, but I think it's the PERFECT mixer for a mobile DJ.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Why not just buy another yamaha
That's what I am leaning towards. Just checking to see what else might either give me more bang for the buck or be better.

The best thing about using another Yammy (same as your current one), is it makes switching from one to another seamless. I used to have different types of controllers in my Large and Small systems. It made me have to think about what I was doing a lot more.[emoji1] Now I have the exact same model in both systems... I still have to think, but not as much.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ittigger
The best thing about using another Yammy (same as your current one), is it makes switching from one to another seamless. I used to have different types of controllers in my Large and Small systems. It made me have to think about what I was doing a lot more.[emoji1] Now I have the exact same model in both systems... I still have to think, but not as much.[emoji1]

That makes too much sense. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: ittigger
I really like the Zed-12FX. I've used it for years for karaoke. I generally don't need more than 3 mic inputs, but have used this for sound for a small band on a few occasions. Quiet as heck.

Looking at getting another mixer, and wanted a little input....

We currently have a Yamaha MG12XU as our main mixer and love it. We have an Alto ZMX122FX as a second (previously backup) unit. We used to have at most 1 gig per day on the weekends and on a rare occasion a 2nd on the same day and would break out the backup. Now, we have a recurring weekend gig and because many weekends have been booked already, will occasionally have a 3rd. So, trying to get another mixer for either the 2nd or the main system. The Alto will be the 3rd in the line. We love the features of the Yamaha....wondering what might be better....

What we like.....

Mute on each channel, instead of turning volume down
Pick output channels (stereo and/or 1/2) we use this for events where we are playing in one area and announcing in the main area and another area
FX for vocals
USB
Rack ears option for top mount on rack

What we don't like.....

Nothing here yet...

I have heard great things about the ZED-12FX.....am looking at those also....any other suggestions?

I have 2 Pioneer DJM5000's that I just love. There hard to find but there a great little DJ mixer.
Has 2 main outs, RCA and XLR, also has XLR zone outs plus booth outs. Has built in sound card and USB.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat