Meyer 700 Hp

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

jaswrx

DJ Extraordinaire
Feb 15, 2015
Posted this on the other DJ forum.

I have been doing this venue a lot, and it definitely holds 500 people (outside) and the Bose L1 does incredibly well, but the bass does drop off as the dance floor is close to 75 feet away from the speakers. When the L1 is not blocked and there is a clean line, they throw really far.

So this time, with a 200+ rowdy crowd, I rented the Meyer 700hp, and was pleasantly surprised they come in stacks for rentals. I only paid for one, haha.

These subs are insane, a little odd with no volume attenuator on the sub though. They have actually discontinued the 700 hp, and have an even more awesome beast.

If any of you get the chance to rent these, DO IT! The size for one of them is no bigger than a typical dual 18"

Reactions: ittigger
45.93" w x 22.50" h x 30.00" d (1167 mm x 572 mm x 762 mm)
50.58" w x 22.50" h x 30.00" d (1285 mm x 572 mm x 762 mm)
204 lbs (92.53 kg) 259 lbs (11748 kg)
Multi-ply hardwood Black te.xtured Perforated metal grille lined with acoustical black mesh Optional QuickFly® rigging kit available, with aluminum and steel side rigging bars, AlignaLinks and quick release pins D

Posted this on the other DJ forum.

I have been doing this venue a lot, and it definitely holds 500 people (outside) and the Bose L1 does incredibly well, but the bass does drop off as the dance floor is close to 75 feet away from the speakers. When the L1 is not blocked and there is a clean line, they throw really far.

So this time, with a 200+ rowdy crowd, I rented the Meyer 700hp, and was pleasantly surprised they come in stacks for rentals. I only paid for one, haha.

These subs are insane, a little odd with no volume attenuator on the sub though. They have actually discontinued the 700 hp, and have an even more awesome beast.

If any of you get the chance to rent these, DO IT! The size for one of them is no bigger than a typical dual 18"

Meyer makes a great product. They don't have a volume knob because they are meant to be tuned and in the bottom of a line array. VERY overkill for an average event but I bet it added nice bottom end

around 200 each, but they are on the caster kit, which makes them really easy to move around.
Yea .. but you got that 4" diameter hose it needs to be power satisfied ... :)

the are really efficient. Hardly drew power. One can run on the same setup as the rest of my DJ Gear.

This time 310 people. I gotta say The L1 is unbelievable when you lift them above heads. I didn't come to close to the limiter. I feel confident I could do 400 person wedding with just a pair, of course subs to supplement. The throw is just amazing. So so much better than my previous K10s.

Meyer.png
Screen_Shot_2017_07_23_at_1_50_39_PM.png

This time 310 people. I gotta say The L1 is unbelievable when you lift them above heads. I didn't come to close to the limiter. I feel confident I could do 400 person wedding with just a pair, of course subs to supplement. The throw is just amazing. So so much better than my previous K10s.

Meyer.png
Screen_Shot_2017_07_23_at_1_50_39_PM.png
Looks very clean, but I still might have put the bass units on the floor to minimize any rumble from that raised stage.

Thanks Steve. The Meyer is on the ground, but the B1s always stay with the L1. No matter what. It always sound better like this b/c of the crossover at 200.

There was no rumble at all, especially b/c I dialed so much low end out from them b/c of the pair of dual 18s covering the bass.

Reactions: steve149
This time 310 people. I gotta say The L1 is unbelievable when you lift them above heads. I didn't come to close to the limiter. I feel confident I could do 400 person wedding with just a pair, of course subs to supplement. The throw is just amazing.
Yup - this way the lower half of the speaker isn't just hitting the first row of dancers.
So so much better than my previous K10s.
It should be better. With the four B1's your looking at $5500 just for the Bose. Four K10's (two each side), stacked, with the top pair upside down, would be a completely different, and still less expensive, story.

Sure, 4 10s would be more comparable, and less expensive, but I bet it still wouldn't throw as far, wouldn't have the awesome coverage, I couldn't hang a light, and it doesn't look as good, well not even close. It would also have to be tied down somehow, and two k10s stacked would be really blocked by dancers-- I owned 4 K10s, and ran them on tbars, never stacked b/c of safety.

ok, here is the video from last night. There is some of my mixing in there, but my phone kept on stopping b/c it was out of space, and it happened right as I made the mix.

I should probably post this in another thread, but oh well...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HornuALEA10&feature=youtu.be

Looks like a great wedding! I love all the rock throwbacks (Offspring, Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth). That's stuff I really don't think to play much, but you got a great reaction out of them.

Thanks Ross. It's all about timing with the rock set. It works really well if timed right. Mix in Nirvana, Blur, and others too.

Nobody asked you to turn down the Meyer subs? We did a wedding recently and was finishing up making adjustments to the sound when a guest walked in complaining the subs were too much. We adjusted the sound and it was perfect the entire time.