Marketing changes - update

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Thanks Tas, I really appreciate the input. I see what you meant on the DJ landing page, and have added some photos. Not sure I'm done with it yet. On the photo pages, I'm starting to think that I've been lacking in the number of photos presented, so I've added a bazillion more. I'm also a bit torn on the display style. I understand what you're saying about using a slideshow to prevent scrolling but pretty much all the other photog pages (at least the players I want to emulate) are using long scrolling styles. I think it lets the girls flip thru lots and lots of photos without having to wait on the slideshow program. My main question now is, is it better to have a multi-column display with smaller pics or is it better to have larger previews with a single column? I think for now I'm going to go for a single column display, lots of pics, and see what the response is. I'm going to keep working on the rest of your suggestions. Oh, I'm also really giving some consideration to starting to use totems. Looks like I can get a pair of 6ft with Chauvet 355 movers for $2.2k. That might be a good starting point but I've got to make sure I can haul it first.
I know what you mean with other photog pages... if you're gonna do scrolling... go with the bigger pics (2/3 the width of the page) and single column then... no one likes tiny pics lol.

Reactions: ittigger
Okay, I think we're starting to get somewhere. I went back and found out how to override the standard sizes on photo galleries (CSS code). I also nuked the cover page and put a full-screen slideshow on the main landing page. I also changed the entire site to being dark-based instead of white background. I've also setup multiple pages under photography, DJ/MC and pricing, which is much cleaner and hopefully easier to understand. I've still got to do some tweaking on photo selections but after seeing it yesterday, my wife actually said "Will you re-do my site?" That's the first time she's said anything positive about one of my websites. If you guys see anything else that I'm missing, please feel free to chime in. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Home

Reactions: ittigger
On the Firefox browser, this text:
Nashville Wedding Photographers, DJ and Lighting
Timeless, Classic, Beautiful
Call us now at 615-390-2784

Is butted against the left margin .. should be indented somewhat

- what Steve said... same thing happened on chrome
- Somethings bothering me about the text on the dj pages. The paragraphs look too narrow and not enjoyable to read. I suggest extending ur page margins. I attached two variations that may work for you. One extends the margins, one makes the paragraphs full width with a gallery below. I also included yours for comparison:
upload_2017-9-14_12-1-53.png
upload_2017-9-14_11-59-15.png
upload_2017-9-14_11-59-28.png
upload_2017-9-14_11-58-55.png