Low budget prospect loses - ha ha

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
nothing beats a failure but a try.
Success always beats failure but I acknowledge your limited awareness of the concept and will move on...
Now all it said what she wanted was seafood. It didn't mention the type of seafood.
Wrong.

If you'd simply read the actual dialog you would avoid the resulting ignorance you have displayed.

Here is what she ACTUALLY said:
1537553965884.png

And so I'll share the followng bit of brilliance from the greatest book ever and other, more learned men than I:

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28 (New International Version)

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."- Proverbs 17:28 (King James Version)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt/It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it. " - Unattributed

Mix,

You HAVE the right to remain silent. What you LACK is the capacity. (w/ apologies to Shrek)

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Rick said in the beginning that there she wanted expensive seafood and never mentioned what that was. So that's up to interpretation what is expensive to one person may not be expensive to another.

I eat regularly at a place in Montclair, NJ called Crocketts. They serve great seafood. Some say it's expensive. I say it's well worth the price because the food is great! On Friday and Saturday night I will call and when they don't answer the phone, that means they are super packed.

The customer wanted expensive food - if you clicked the link, you would have seen the messages yourself, same as the rest of us did - and it's the actual conversation you're looking at.

Interpretation? The price was 5k - and that was a great deal by most people. There's no way on this planet that $2100 would get her a fresh, good tasting, healthy selection of what she wanted. Is a Cadillac Escalade with all the options expensive? Absolutely - but there is no way you'd EVER get one for the price of a Chevy Cavalier - and if there is, you wouldn't want it.

Looking at their menu, Crocketts seems to be comparably priced for what they're offering.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
The customer wanted expensive food - if you clicked the link, you would have seen the messages yourself, same as the rest of us did - and it's the actual conversation you're looking at.

Interpretation? The price was 5k - and that was a great deal by most people. There's no way on this planet that $2100 would get her a fresh, good tasting, healthy selection of what she wanted. Is a Cadillac Escalade with all the options expensive? Absolutely - but there is no way you'd EVER get one for the price of a Chevy Cavalier - and if there is, you wouldn't want it.

Looking at their menu, Crocketts seems to be comparably priced for what they're offering.
Ok I hear you loud and clear. For that price and what she wanted the lady should have immediately agreed to the price and just pay her. My guess is she gave her a price she thought she couldn't refuse. Sounds familiar? There comes a time you just have to say NO. Trying to say it nicely can be tough sometimes. Sometimes you just want to get real nasty when they insult you like that woman did.

I doubt she will find anybody that will give her all of that for that price. I'm not a caterer but I wouldn't do it for that price even she bought all the food herself. Her time has to be worth something. Let alone that she's doing the job.

Again there are those people who will consider your price too high and think you're crazy with that price. They don't take into consideration your years of experience at doing events so things will turn out the way they want it. Some are just plain cheap and you got to keep it moving. Wish them well and look forward to the next potential client.

I doubt she will find anybody that will give her all of that for that price. .

The thing this illustrates is the entitlement mentality that we vendors often have to deal with. $5k was a deal but the buyer thought she could get something for nothing by being a bully. Personally, I DESPISE it when a girl tells me "THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE." I normally just stay quiet but I think I'm going to use this lady's approach in the future. We shouldn't have to put up with bullies like this, just because we're the vendor. The client is NOT always right.

The thing this illustrates is the entitlement mentality that we vendors often have to deal with. $5k was a deal but the buyer thought she could get something for nothing by being a bully. Personally, I DESPISE it when a girl tells me "THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE." I normally just stay quiet but I think I'm going to use this lady's approach in the future. We shouldn't have to put up with bullies like this, just because we're the vendor. The client is NOT always right.
There's always going to believe your price is too high regardless what that price is. You need to decide if you want to work for the price they want to pay. It also has to do with sometimes if you desperately need the work. In your case I would say no. You're busy with work.

There's always going to believe your price is too high regardless what that price is. You need to decide if you want to work for the price they want to pay. It also has to do with sometimes if you desperately need the work. In your case I would say no. You're busy with work.

I submit that "buyer" (tire-kicker) knew the price wasn't too high. She only had $2k to spend, and she wanted to big-dog it with a premium menu. Her chosen method was to try to bully the vendor into taking a loss. She met her match in this case. Kudos to the vendor for standing her ground

Reactions: ittigger
I submit that "buyer" (tire-kicker) knew the price wasn't too high. She only had $2k to spend, and she wanted to big-dog it with a premium menu. Her chosen method was to try to bully the vendor into taking a loss. She met her match in this case. Kudos to the vendor for standing her ground
I'm not just talking about this case. I'm talking in general. There are those who think the price you quote them is ridiculous. Some you have to do what Dionne Warwick said and that is walk on by.

What I can't believe is this has gone to 4 pages. Is there something new here? Person tries to get a vendor to lower their price to what they want to pay. Haven't we all had this experience happen to us at some point? Rick you said this lady only had 2k to spend. How do you know this? None of us knows how much she actually had to spend. We just know she was looking to pay $2,100. We don't know who's money it is she is spending. She might have been given a directive to only spend that much and what they wanted the menu to be.

I see plenty on here are caught up on what the is she wants. I say what does that have to do with the price the caterer wants to charge? Their price is their price. The way I see it is the 2 of them are worlds apart in price, so no need for a long discussion. I'm not a caterer so I don't know what the price the caterer should have quoted. What do any of you think the price quote should have been? Exactly how much should she have said the price should be?

What do any of you think the price quote should have been? Exactly how much should she have said the price should be?
The price she quoted .. that's how much.

Reactions: ittigger