Loving this Grip n Gaff bag

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

adj2ent

DJ Extraordinaire
Oct 20, 2006
Long Island NY
I am loving this Grip n Gaff bag. It is making it much easier to move the stands on the Rock n Roll cart. I maybe able to stack twice the amount on the cart so I can use just one cart to move the Karaoke system now that the stands are out of the way. One YouTube video said you can leave it attached to the cart when folding it up. I will have to try that next event. It is amazing how a simple item can cure a nagging problem. I thought about trying to strap the stands to the cart years ago but couldn't find a easy way.

IMG_3241.JPG

Speaker stands and bags are always falling off of my cart...so this is a great idea.
And you can use the bag for storing the stands as well.
Just seems a little pricey to me.
You could ideally use any bag of that basic size.
Or, maybe I'll go the Thrift Shop and get an old golf bag.

Or, maybe I'll go the Thrift Shop and get an old golf bag.
Maybe you'll find a John Daly "Al Czervik" memorial bag ... complete with flat screen TV ...

pg?_ga=2.33294142.1005226664.1512752120-2106173547.jpg

I think I paid around $89 with free shipping and then used discount code. They had a older version which was cheaper but I believe they sold out of them. But the new version is well worth it. With the plastic bottom protector and build in cinch straps it looks to be a big improvementover the older version. When I'm moving the stands they stay tight/upright in the bag and it stays tight against the rock and roller.I considered putting all the stands and the case then standing it up on the card but that would've took up valuable space. But doesn't take up any space

Reactions: ittigger and SEDJ
Also available on eBay for the same price with free shipping and no sales tax for us NY'ers. They also carry the JUMBO one at the same $89.99 price, which holds the SKB gun cases for the L1 radiators.

Last edited:
Reactions: ittigger
Stand bags seem to sit quite nicely across the top of my dolly. I think the issue is that the luggage you are using doesn't provide the kind of standardized foot pint and surface area that facilitates easy load in/out. The full utility of road cases includes more than just protection of the gear. It takes into consideration the people who have to move the gear, venue conditions, vehicle size and type, standard door, ramp, and hallway sizes, etc.

If you make a small flat trunk for the stands you could put that on the cart first and then stand your suitcases on top of it. It would be very stable, and have a shorter turning radius than adding a bag to the cart length.

If you put wheels on one end of the trunk and a hinged lip then the trunk becomes it's own two wheel dolly if necessary. Put casters on it and it becomes it's own platform dolly.

I am loving this Grip n Gaff bag. It is making it much easier to move the stands on the Rock n Roll cart. I maybe able to stack twice the amount on the cart so I can use just one cart to move the Karaoke system now that the stands are out of the way. One YouTube video said you can leave it attached to the cart when folding it up. I will have to try that next event. It is amazing how a simple item can cure a nagging problem. I thought about trying to strap the stands to the cart years ago but couldn't find a easy way.

View attachment 33388

The bag is cool. But, is the rest of your gear in suitcases...?

Absolutely, I got the idea from another DJ couple years ago . The Silver case has two 32" TVs plus room for wire storage, with wheels I can roll it if necessary. The large blue one contains three laptops, iPad, tools and a crap load of wires. The best thing is they much much lighter than road cases and if I don't take my van and load into my SUV. Nothing looks like DJ equipment. Of course all my other stuff amps and etc are in road case. I have to hand it to that DJ what a genius idea. I had one of those expense DJ bags for my laptop's and it was way too small and fell apart.

Reactions: ittigger
One big issue I have to deal with is weight. Luckly I started to rearrange things a couple of years ago. Last year I had to undergo chemo and now I can only lift a faction of what I used to. So everything Revolves around keeping weight down and designed to be compact as everything for all my events have to fit into a van. As when I'm on tour we don't return home to swap out equipment for different types of events. Additional even with my largest Video Dance Party everything roll in on multi carts at one time in one trip. I designed everything that way over 20 years ago when we started touring.