Looking for suggestions for a flash that I can take video with.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I wanted to throw this out here first before going to Unique Photo on Wednesday. First I need to see if I can find the cord for the light I have now so I can charge the light. I'm not sure where it's at.

Anyway I thought of Steve on this one. Looking to spend no more than $100 for a flash that I can use for video as well. I still have the Canon T 3i. Just looking to get a decent flash I can use to take video on Saturday. What would any of you suggest and please no smart allic answers.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Mix .. 2 different lights. Video requires always on light and these days are either LED or Halogen. Photos require a flash tube .. usually Xenon based.

SO if you do both, you'll both types of units.

Reactions: Valerie Hicks
Have a link to the item? If that’s true then it must’ve been a very low quality item as I have never seen a reputable flash have a video light built in.
Sorry double time. I don't know the link for that item as I bought that many years ago. It certainly was not the best for video.

I have one I bought a while back. Just need to get a power cord so I can charge it up when needed. It's working fine right now. I will look for the cord on Wednesday.

Sorry double time. I don't know the link for that item as I bought that many years ago. It certainly was not the best for video.

I have one I bought a while back. Just need to get a power cord so I can charge it up when needed. It's working fine right now. I will look for the cord on Wednesday.
I found what you bought and it simply sucks as a flash and as a video camera. It only has 3 or leds for video and minimal control for the flash.

I found what you bought and it simply sucks as a flash and as a video camera. It only has 3 or leds for video and minimal control for the flash.
I agree 100%. I may look into an outside flash to use on Wednesday. The flash on the camera works. I know it does a decent job but obviously there is better.

if you have a canon, buy a canon 430ex flash. no point in buying the 270 or whatever the number is in that range, as there is no way of aiming your flash, and is essentially a more powerful version of the built in, and the one's more expensive than the 430 have features that you'll probably never use.

Reactions: MIXMASTERMACHOM
if you have a canon, buy a canon 430ex flash. no point in buying the 270 or whatever the number is in that range, as there is no way of aiming your flash, and is essentially a more powerful version of the built in, and the one's more expensive than the 430 have features that you'll probably never use.
all I can say is thanks Taso!