Looking for suggestions for a flash that I can take video with.

Welcome to ODJT
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
Oct 16, 2011
I wanted to throw this out here first before going to Unique Photo on Wednesday. First I need to see if I can find the cord for the light I have now so I can charge the light. I'm not sure where it's at.

Anyway I thought of Steve on this one. Looking to spend no more than $100 for a flash that I can use for video as well. I still have the Canon T 3i. Just looking to get a decent flash I can use to take video on Saturday. What would any of you suggest and please no smart allic answers.

djtaso

DJ Extraordinaire
Apr 4, 2017
NJ
www.djtaso.com

steve149

Urbane Legend
Sep 26, 2011
Prospect, CT
Mix .. 2 different lights. Video requires always on light and these days are either LED or Halogen. Photos require a flash tube .. usually Xenon based.

SO if you do both, you'll both types of units.

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
Oct 16, 2011
Have a link to the item? If that’s true then it must’ve been a very low quality item as I have never seen a reputable flash have a video light built in.
Sorry double time. I don't know the link for that item as I bought that many years ago. It certainly was not the best for video.

I have one I bought a while back. Just need to get a power cord so I can charge it up when needed. It's working fine right now. I will look for the cord on Wednesday.

djtaso

DJ Extraordinaire
Apr 4, 2017
NJ
www.djtaso.com
Sorry double time. I don't know the link for that item as I bought that many years ago. It certainly was not the best for video.

I have one I bought a while back. Just need to get a power cord so I can charge it up when needed. It's working fine right now. I will look for the cord on Wednesday.
I found what you bought and it simply sucks as a flash and as a video camera. It only has 3 or leds for video and minimal control for the flash.

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
Oct 16, 2011
I found what you bought and it simply sucks as a flash and as a video camera. It only has 3 or leds for video and minimal control for the flash.
I agree 100%. I may look into an outside flash to use on Wednesday. The flash on the camera works. I know it does a decent job but obviously there is better.

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
Oct 16, 2011
if you have a canon, buy a canon 430ex flash. no point in buying the 270 or whatever the number is in that range, as there is no way of aiming your flash, and is essentially a more powerful version of the built in, and the one's more expensive than the 430 have features that you'll probably never use.
all I can say is thanks Taso!