Looking for Robbie Burns Day Music

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Jan 22, 2008
Ontario
I have my first booking to perform for a "Robbie Burns Day" dinner and dance. (Not my first DJ booking; just my first booking at this type of celebration.)

Can anyone suggest some background music?

Will any type of bagpipe music do?

Thanks!

Where you are in Ontario look at some Canadian Celtic music (Rankin Family, Barra MacNeils, fables, Great Big sea etc) it might be better known than European traditional

Reactions: DJ TJ
Thanks Gentlemen.

Yes, Jeff in Ontario. I've played a few of these songs at most gigs. I've never been to or performed at a celebration like this before, so I thought I needed bagpipe music. Thanks to you I see I was going in the wrong direction.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Robert Burns, Scottish poet .. heavy influence on folks like John Steinbeck, JD Salinger (Catcher in the Rye), and even Bob Dylan ... Robert Burns - Wikipedia

Robert Burns, Scottish poet .. heavy influence on folks like John Steinbeck, JD Salinger (Catcher in the Rye), and even Bob Dylan ... Robert Burns - Wikipedia

He also wrote Auld lang Syne

Thanks Gentlemen.

Yes, Jeff in Ontario. I've played a few of these songs at most gigs. I've never been to or performed at a celebration like this before, so I thought I needed bagpipe music. Thanks to you I see I was going in the wrong direction.

It probably wouldn't hurt to have some on hand too