Just ordered our new tradeshow display

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
EZ_10ft_curved_black_-_5__58459.1325570398.1280.1280.png
We have another Perfect Wedding Guide show on 8-12. Finally pulled the trigger on a bit nicer of a display unit. At present, we have a bunch of 8X10s on foam board. Plan on buying several large prints to do at this show. Wish us luck.

If you don't mind me asking....
what did pulling the trigger cost you?

Reactions: ittigger
If you don't mind me asking....
what did pulling the trigger cost you?

$780, including shipping.

I spent about $300 on the free-standing wire racks I have now. We then printed up a big batch of 8X10s with foam board. I think this new display will be a lot cleaner and I'm looking to do a half-dozen big prints. The past couple of shows have netted a few bookings. I'm hoping for the same thing (or better) in a few weeks.

It's a nice professional looking booth. I would probably add a small table in addition to, or in place of the one shown in order to display additional photos for people to thumb through in a few different styles of wedding albums if you're looking to make upsales. The greeting table shown only looks big enough for a candy dish and a business card holder. does it come with the overhead lighting as shown? I might consider adding a couple of washes on the corners if there are mounting points or if not maybe a couple of up-lights.

It's a nice professional looking booth. I would probably add a small table in addition to, or in place of the one shown in order to display additional photos for people to thumb through in a few different styles of wedding albums if you're looking to make upsales. The greeting table shown only looks big enough for a candy dish and a business card holder. does it come with the overhead lighting as shown? I might consider adding a couple of washes on the corners if there are mounting points or if not maybe a couple of up-lights.

I plan on continuing to add a 6-foot rectangular to this setup. We use that for a big screen TV that rolls slides and holds a couple of photobooks. I did change the color to grey, however. Black gives better contrast with the pictures but overall it just seems to darken the entire booth area down. As for lighting, yes, it comes with the lights show. I also have some additional clamp-on lights as well.

Where did you purchase from? I have been looking at displays exactly like that for my upcoming show...

I think the stuff I was looking at might have been through a company called displays to go etc.

I'll check out your source - thanks.

My main concern and areas of interest is the sturdiness of the counter top, the durability of the joints on the popup display and speed of setup. Let me know how it works out.

I think the stuff I was looking at might have been through a company called displays to go etc.

I'll check out your source - thanks.

My main concern and areas of interest is the sturdiness of the counter top, the durability of the joints on the popup display and speed of setup. Let me know how it works out.

I think our wire rack display came from displays to go. UPS sent notification that the unit should be here tomorrow. I'll be glad to give you an assessment, after I have a chance to set it all up.

I just setup our new display over at the office. It's a pretty cool rig. Everything packs away into a rolling pedestal (the table in the picture). When you un-pack it, the frame is an aluminum honeycomb that folds out. You then attack magnetic rails, vertically. The covering is strips of carpet. You hang it at the top, then pull it down and attach against the magnetic strips. For display, you just put velcro on the back of your pictures and stick them. We're going to order new, bigger prints this week (foam backing) and will work on placement later this week. First impression, this is going to be a major improvement in our presentation.

I just setup our new display over at the office. It's a pretty cool rig. Everything packs away into a rolling pedestal (the table in the picture). When you un-pack it, the frame is an aluminum honeycomb that folds out. You then attack magnetic rails, vertically. The covering is strips of carpet. You hang it at the top, then pull it down and attach against the magnetic strips. For display, you just put velcro on the back of your pictures and stick them. We're going to order new, bigger prints this week (foam backing) and will work on placement later this week. First impression, this is going to be a major improvement in our presentation.
Bring lots of lint rollers.

Pictures???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 34894
We have another Perfect Wedding Guide show on 8-12. Finally pulled the trigger on a bit nicer of a display unit. At present, we have a bunch of 8X10s on foam board. Plan on buying several large prints to do at this show. Wish us luck.
I'll wish you skill. When you know what you're doing it's not luck and I believe you know what you're doing.

We did the PWG show today with the new booth setup. Oddly enough, I never got a pic but I can tell you, the response was MUCH better than anything else we've done. From the moment it started until about 30 minutes before the end, we had brides standing in line, waiting to talk with us. The only thing I can see different is the display unit, and the fact that we have 7, 16X20 prints, which seemed to make a much better impact. If we don't land a half-dozen off that show I'll be shocked and I wouldn't be surprised to land 10-15. Very pleased at this point.

We did the PWG show today with the new booth setup. Oddly enough, I never got a pic but I can tell you, the response was MUCH better than anything else we've done. From the moment it started until about 30 minutes before the end, we had brides standing in line, waiting to talk with us. The only thing I can see different is the display unit, and the fact that we have 7, 16X20 prints, which seemed to make a much better impact. If we don't land a half-dozen off that show I'll be shocked and I wouldn't be surprised to land 10-15. Very pleased at this point.

NO PICS???!!!!...GEEZ!!’[emoji1]

NO PICS???!!!!...GEEZ!!’[emoji1]

I know, don't rub it in. Of all things, a fellow photog had his camera and was taking some pics of our booth. I just messaged him to ask if he has some I can get. I'm telling you, we were pretty over-whelmed by the response and were non-stop the entire time.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Here's a pic of our show display. Yes, I hid the step ladder and fixed the carpet on top of the little table. This was also before my wife showed up with the big portrait (my jacket is hanging over the display tripod) and the photobooks. It at least will give you an idea. Overall, I was pleased with the display and thought it was a big improvement over our last effort.JFPPWG18-9.jpg