Weddings Joining Ceremony/Reception

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have friends that are gay and they seem pretty normal to me.

Have you seen them interact in a potentially amorous situation? What about dancing? Kissing? Other situations?

You sound like you want to do this but you should be prepared going in. Once you are there and doing the wedding you can't freak out and you can't tell the guests to stop doing things you may feel uncomfortable with.

Have you seen them interact in a potentially amorous situation? What about dancing? Kissing? Other situations?

You sound like you want to do this but you should be prepared going in. Once you are there and doing the wedding you can't freak out and you can't tell the guests to stop doing things you may feel uncomfortable with.

Yes, yes, yes and not sure what other situations means but my guess would be yes.

I totally agree... one should never go into any event unprepaired to deal with what may happen durring an event. Isn't that why we have planners, meetings, emails and phone calls for?

There are plenty of straight couples with "underlying problems," too. I've DJed for plenty of newlyweds with kids from another marriage. Just because we're talking about gays as opposed to straights does not make it any more of a red flag or "underlying problem."
Show me where anyone, in this discussion, stated the problems were related to the homosexuality of the subject individuals.

But really the reasons one is straight or gay doesn't really matter in the case of performing at their event, right?
Only if it matters to you as a person.

If so, you should behave, professionally, as you would personally. Otherwise it is, per se, hypocrisy.

When you endorse and profess complicity with statements such as, "I don't think it matters if I think it's wrong or right," or "setting aside your personal beliefs," you have established that you do have an opinion or ethical standard that is contrary to the subject matter but that you have on overriding force causing you to suppress your own standards. In this case, it is money and that is what many find offensive.

So what is it, does it matter or not?

P.S. Don't presume to know what my position is on this subject matter because it is irrelevant, has not been stated and likely not what you may have assumed.

Show me where anyone, in this discussion, stated the problems were related to the homosexuality of the subject individuals.

Rox, before you go posting, try reading the entire thread. Especially if you're going to talk about a previous post.

The post in question was post #25 where as it was written indicated that there may be underlying problems because the couple is gay.

Repost of post #25

GoodKnightDJ
Originally Posted by jokerswild
her daughter made it known while she was ok with mom being gay... she wasn't too comfortable with it in front of her friends yet...

Ummm, me thinks there may be other underlying problems here.

In the words of King Arthur in Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail, "Run away, run away."

I have done a couple of these ceremonies. There are some differances but they have been one he11 of a fun time. They like to party and party hard. (No pun)

I did go out to a gay bar first because I have several gay friends and have been out partying with them in the past. And no, none of the hugging, holding hads, or kissing ever bothered me.

I will say the planning was a little more detailed then most.

why is this "event" different that any other "event"
if you are okay with the reason for the party...DO IT!
if the idea, or anyone involved, makes you feel uncomfortable...DON'T DO IT!

I believe this thread started out as someone looking for some advice on how to handle it...
not on whether the event is legal, moral, a good thing, a bad thing...
and not on whether WE should be judged because we want the work.

I think we should concentrate on the original post for some help!
:sqmad:

And the reason why post #25 was made is because, even though the daughter is comfortable with mom's homosexuality, as she states, she is not comfortable with her friends knowing it. The leads to the possibility that the daughter may not be comfortable with mom's sexuality. This could cause an issue at the wedding when the daughter moves into the homosexual environment. At best it could be a tension that is transmitted to others.

As Rocky said, just one of a few red flags on this one. Should we go to video review?

Rox, before you go posting, try reading the entire thread. Especially if you're going to talk about a previous post.

The post in question was post #25 where as it was written indicated that there may be underlying problems because the couple is gay.

Repost of post #25

GoodKnightDJ
Originally Posted by jokerswild
her daughter made it known while she was ok with mom being gay... she wasn't too comfortable with it in front of her friends yet...

Ummm, me thinks there may be other underlying problems here.

In the words of King Arthur in Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail, "Run away, run away."

I was unclear. My bad.

Redeux: Show me where anyone, and by anyone I am referring to the participants in this thread not the client, in this discussion, stated the problems were related to the homosexuality of the subject individuals.

I was unclear. My bad.

Redeux: Show me where anyone, and by anyone I am referring to the participants in this thread not the client, in this discussion, stated the problems were related to the homosexuality of the subject individuals.

Rock, forgive me if I have misunderstood, but your "spineless" post is based on the preconception that Rob doesn't believe in gay marriage/unions, and that he should stand up for that opinion.

The problem is, Rob never stated an opinion prior to that post, and thus had nothing he had to stand up FOR.

That being said, I have run karaoke in a gay bar, and you just can't have more fun while working!

Also, not that anyone cares, but I think love is where love is.

As for the daughter having problems, or "tension" at the Joining- Um, have you ever been to an Italian, Greek, or Jewish Wedding? They don't EXIST without tension or problems ( and I don't think the participants would have it any other way! :sqlaugh:).

I've watched Will & Grace isn't that enough? :sqwink:

Seriously, I have no problem with gays at all.... I have friends that are gay and they seem pretty normal to me.

OH BUT NO! YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THEM IN THE BLACK LEATHER CHAPS AND BIKER CAPS WITH THEIR WHIPS AND CHAINS AND HEELS AND LITTLE MOUSTACHES!!!

IT'S

SO

hard to admit I like WATCHING! :sqlaugh::rofl::sqlaugh:

Rock, forgive me if I have misunderstood, but your "spineless" post is based on the preconception that Rob doesn't believe in gay marriage/unions, and that he should stand up for that opinion.
My post is based on the simple and logical conclusion that he could not have any "beliefs" to "put aside," or "wrong or right" dilemmas if he didn't have any personal issues with the subject matter.

There can be no issue if it is not an issue for him.

The problem is, Rob never stated an opinion prior to that post, and thus had nothing he had to stand up FOR.
It is an unavoidable conclusion when his very word are taken in context.

What possible other beliefs would he be setting aside, in this context?

My post is based on the simple and logical conclusion that he could not have any "beliefs" to "put aside," or "wrong or right" dilemmas if he didn't have any personal issues with the subject matter.

He never claimed, prior to the "Spineless Post" that he did.

Please re-read:

Exerpt from Joker's Post

".....don't think it matters if I think it's wrong or right I'm just the DJ my job is to make introductions and play great party music.

I don't think gay marriage has been legalized in Indiana yet either but who cares. That's a government issue not a love issue.

At least I would be able to play some of my guilty pleasure songs like George Michael and Wham.

Sometimes we have to set aside our personal beliefs and just do it."

WE have to set aside... The plural. The indication is that Rob believes that, as DJs, our feelings ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, should be put aside, in context with the rest of the post.

He never stated his personal opinion. Ya jumped early....

But you are mistaken about what he said....

He spoke only in generalities.... "sometimes WE" just have to put our beliefs aside and when he did reference himself he stated only that it didint matter what he himself thought of the issue, thereby giving no indication or even hint that he held any particular view whatsoever.

Your "logical" conclusion is anything but since he never even once insinuated that HE was IN FACT putting aside HIS OWN beliefs.

Nowhere is that even hinted at.

I'm surprised Rox.... you're slippin' today!:sqlaugh:

I know - you're just giddy at the idea of Rob showing up at your club tonight to survey the scene... We'll let it slide this once!

But you are mistaken about what he said....

He spoke only in generalities.... "sometimes WE" just have to put our beliefs aside and when he did reference himself he stated only that it didint matter what he himself thought of the issue, thereby giving no indication or even hint that he held any particular view whatsoever.

Your "logical" conclusion is anything but since he never even once insinuated that HE was IN FACT putting aside HIS OWN beliefs.

Nowhere is that even hinted at.

I'm surprised Rox.... you're slippin' today!:sqlaugh:

I know - you're just giddy at the idea of Rob showing up at your club tonight to survey the scene... We'll let it slide this once!
What a rant, an IG-NO Rant!

You also fail to see past your preconceptions.

My trepidation was not about his pro or con position on Homosexual marriage. It was to his professed willingness to supplant his own beliefs for the almighty dollar. He said it, I didn't have to infer anything.

Someone to Consult!

Rob,
Give Miss California a call and ask her what she would do if she was you. :sqlaugh:

Rob,
Give Miss California a call and ask her what she would do if she was you. :sqlaugh:

I don't mind Miss California taking off her top, but Rob you you're a nice guy and pal but please keep your top on :sqlaugh::rofl::sqlaugh::rofl::sqlaugh:

:sqwink::sqwink::sqwink::sqwink::sqwink:

EDIT: By the way I think I'm going to hell one way or another :D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.