Is the Denon Mc4000 Rackmountable?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Tunes4046 and I have VERY similar cases. That is the best way to do it with that controller, when using wireless mics and a rack panel that all need rackmounted.

Reactions: tunes4046
Curious - Why a rack? I have the MC6000MK2 and bought a hard carry case with sliding laptop stand built in. I couldn't imagine using it any other way. I tried the rack mount route and gave it up in short order as being bulky and not ergonomic enough for my purposes:

Current rig:

It seems that on this page there is one comment that says the MC4000 will most certainly not be rack mountable...
[NAMM 2015] Video: Denon DJ MC4000 Controller
I have the original 6000 and I use a hard case with a sliding laptop stand as well. I also have a Pioneer controller I use for backup and it too sits in a case almost like the one I just mentioned. It works for me. This Saturday I will be using the S215 speakers along with the rack case holding my QSC 2450 and 2 Furmans. I will be using my 6000 with that setup and I will have the Pioneer on standby.

Last edited:
So where do you mount your processing? Your Wireless Mics? Your patch panel?

I am not one to be connecting the cables to my processing and wireless mics at each event. Nor do I keep my cables all wound up in the case and unwind as needed. Everything has to be ultra neat.

I have the original 6000 and I use a hard case with a sliding laptop stand as well. I also have a Pioneer controller I use for backup and it too sits in a case almost like the one I just mentioned. It works for me. This Saturday I will be using the S215 speakers along with the rack case holding my QSC 2450 and 2 Furmans. I will be using my 6000 with that setup and I will have the Pioneer on standby.
why two furmans that seems a little silly

I have been told that most of his posts are made up, so I have learned to ignore them.
Not made up at all. I have 2 furmans because of the different things I had at the time to be plugged in. I wanted to protect everything. Had a issue many years ago where my ex partner was playing at a day care center and one of the kids made a mistake and the extension cord was pulled out of the wall damaging some of the gear used. Just didn't want that to happen again.

I don't use a bunch of processors and as for the cordless mic thing, I just simply sit it on the table I'm using. It's a easy hookup for me. So no need to have it in a rack or case pre wired.