I'm not a big fan of pop country but the more I hear this guy

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Oh... so now you're a cowboy too all of a sudden??? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the boots (had the hat) .. so I must be.

You're right .. the outfits do not make the music any better .. but it does help with the theatrics. Could you imagine Johnny Cash in low riding jeans, a hoodie, sunglasses and baseball hat with a flat bill? If you take a peek into Blake's past, he was a long haired cowboy hat wearing fella.

Some bull riders wear cowboy hats, some wear baseball hats, some wear full face protecting helmets. Some wear chaps, some don't. Some talk with a british accent, some don't. None of this affects the way they ride. Show up wearing a tux and I think people will talk.

He did rock a trench coat:

cash_320x320.jpg

BTW .. I have relatives in OK .. though by some mystery dealing with the military in WWI, they spell their last name Montamble.

Interesting....It might be the French thing apparently our name was originally spelled Ramard and changed along the line. I still have a cousin (and possibly others) that use that version

Johnny Cash covered The Cure and Nine Inch Nails, among others... your usual cowboy fare...[emoji2]

The American Collection was some of Cash's best music

I have the boots (had the hat) .. so I must be.

Do you know what do Cowboy Boots and Hemorrhoids have in common? ;)

According to my Great Uncle (he visited us back in the 70s) they misspelled his name on his discharge papers from the service and it was easier to change his name legally than to hunt down and change all the places the Army sent his misspelled name to.

and ... I resemble that joke ..

If all it takes to be considered a cowboy is a cowboy hat, then Brett Michaels and Kid Rock must be real cowboys too.:-/

I like the country stuff the two of them are doing. I actually play All I Ever Needed quite often

Reactions: ittigger
I like Eric Church okay, athough his dig at reality contest winners was way off base (ever hear of Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, etc.). My wife has been a fan of Luke Bryan since before he ever cut a record. She met him on a Kenny Chesney cruise to the Bahamas. I think he sometimes gets a bad rap, but the guy sure as hell can write, sing, and play the piano. It's my favorite part of his concert. I saw Shania Twain in concert, and it still remains one of the best shows I have ever seen. She sang for a solid three hours, and she sounded great.

The whole is / isn't country argument just pisses me off. How many of the Nashville Sound folks do you think really enjoyed Willie, Waylon, Merle, and Hank Jr. screwing up their lock on the town? The point is: Good Music is Whatever Stirs Your Soul. If everyone responded alike to every artist or song, what fun would it be. Give it a rest already. There is no FACT when one's opinion of a song is stated, only an opinion that can differ between people.

This is one of my favorites right now: So New it doesn't even have a video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h_mvZzVrw0

I will finally get to see Brad Paisley Feb 5th a true musician who can really play a guitar.

Seen him quite a few times, you'll love it! :)

There are quite a few excellent musicians who are also C&W artists; Vince Gill for instance... also from Oklahoma.

He's also an excellent performer. I have seen him once.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
When I was just a kid, my mother was a big (what's now called classic) C&W fan. I hated it! [emoji3] As I got older, and rock artists like the Eagles blended country with rock, I kinda liked a lot of that music. In the 90's, when there was a lot more screaming than singing from rock bands, C&W was becoming more like the rock music I liked in the 70's. So now, I like a mixture of progressive country and adult rock/pop. For me, it has to be melodic... you can't hum (or sing along to) a RAP song. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Eric Church okay, athough his dig at reality contest winners was way off base (ever hear of Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, etc.).

Although I disagree with condemning Blake Shelton was he really that far from accurate?

When you add up all the contestants, even the final 5, of all the reality shows all seasons in consideration I think you could randomly pick people at Karaoke contests in bars across North America and give them a contract and have as much success. For every 1 that "Made it" there are 10 who won that didn't.

My wife has been a fan of Luke Bryan since before he ever cut a record. She met him on a Kenny Chesney cruise to the Bahamas. I think he sometimes gets a bad rap, but the guy sure as hell can write, sing, and play the piano. It's my favorite part of his concert. I saw Shania Twain in concert, and it still remains one of the best shows I have ever seen. She sang for a solid three hours, and she sounded great.

I got to agree Luke Bryan is pretty talented and like a lot of the newer artists he's been pigeon holed. Luke Bryan is the cream of the crop of new country sadly the Nashville establishment is trying to make everyone sound like Luke Bryan.

I seen Shania in a small bar in Toronto about a year before she broke big. She is very talented

The whole is / isn't country argument just pisses me off. How many of the Nashville Sound folks do you think really enjoyed Willie, Waylon, Merle, and Hank Jr. screwing up their lock on the town? The point is: Good Music is Whatever Stirs Your Soul. If everyone responded alike to every artist or song, what fun would it be. Give it a rest already. There is no FACT when one's opinion of a song is stated, only an opinion that can differ between people.

I always say good music doesn't have a genre. The outlaw sound changed country music for the same reason guys like Eric Church may change it again. Country radio pre outlaw sounded mostly the same...The same problem they have today the outlaws and the ones after changed that for a while until the Nashville establishment again took over

Jump ahead to '86 they were in the same mess again with everything sounding the same and along came Randy Travis, Dwight Yoakam, Steve Earle, Lyle Lovett, KD Lang and Ricky Van Shelton etc who opened the door for guys like Allan Jackson and Garth Brooks later in the decade

Country will continually have this mess because it all reverts back to Nashville in the end.

Need proof they all sound the same see below

Reactions: NickC and DJ Bobcat