If You Seek Amy

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
G

Do you remember how you felt the first time you heard "I Kissed A Girl"? Ok, here's how I felt. I just knew it would be a huge hit, and that this would put me in the awkward situation of having to make some kind of moral stance, or at least be put in the middle of students who want it played, and school personel and/or parents who would be somewhere between irritated and outraged if I did.

Heads up: Britney Spears - If You Seek Amy. I predict it will be a huge hit that I won't be able to play for most crowds. I can't find a way to explain more of why without violating the TOS here. You'll have to use your dirty mind to figure it out. Knowing many of the members here, this shouldn't be a tall order.

Your thoughts? Will it be a hit? Will you play it, and for whom?

Hi Steve,

How about Nickelback's "Something in your mouth"? Great song.

I'll have to listen to Britney.

Dave

ps. Will miss you at the buffet in Vegas.

It will go on my "Don't have it" list, with Lollipop, Crank Dat and One more Drink.

As Dj's though, aren't we obligated to play what the kids want?

Imagine not playing that song; it'll ruin the event and our reputation......

We aren't supposed to be the Morality Police.....

(where is that sarcastic smilie?)

It will go on my "Don't have it" list, with Lollipop, Crank Dat and One more Drink.

As Dj's though, aren't we obligated to play what the kids want?

Imagine not playing that song; it'll ruin the event and our reputation......

We aren't supposed to be the Morality Police.....

(where is that sarcastic smilie?)

I resemble those remarks! :eek:

:D

It's one of those "in the know" songs, like Crank Dat was. So you won't initially get any blowback from parents/teachers/etc. I would be more concerned with requests for Right Round. (Don't get me wrong, I like the song)

Then again...I don't do school dances, so it really doesn't concern me.

I am not sure what will happen with that song. Under normal circumstances I know it would be released as a single and be a big (albeit controversial) hit. However, how can a radio station play it? You can't spell out the "F" word on the radio. You can't make an edited version unless you just blank out the entire section. All of the boys and all of the girls wanna Blankey blank Amy! Editing it also takes the "cleverness" out, which is the whole reason for a novelty song like this one.

As for us mobile DJ's...the kids will be asking for it, inevitably. I would not play it without explaining the song to the host and getting prior approval. I cannot imagine any school administrator giving the "OK" on it, either, unless it's a very open minded/progressive high school where they treat the kids like young adults.

Even with approval I'd feel squirmy playing it anywhere. There is going to be someone there hearing "F _ _ _" and thinking what in the heck this DJ is playing filth!

There's worse "filth" out there than this song.

Nope, nobody's gonna "if you seek Amy," but they're gonna "li-li-lick it like a lollipop"...or will it "just be U + Ur Hand tonight?" Or maybe they'll "Pop Lock & Drop it" "because all (they) wanna do is *BANG BANG* and a *Ca-Ching* and take your money."

And while we're at it, why don't we discuss how Romeo & Juliet are great role models because "it's a love story baby just say yes?"

How about talking about a dependence disorder? I mean, "My Life Would Suck Without You." "How could you be so Heartless?"

Okay, let's just go back to the utter filth and listen to Snoop on his vocoder describing his "Sexual Eruption"....err....Seduction. And why not try the real version of Akon's "I Wanna Love You" err, I mean "I Wanna F*** You". He really doesn't spell it out there...he just says it.

I guess this issue doesn't come up with me any more:

www.dj-mc.com/cheese.htm

Notice who is at the bottom of my list.....clients must specifically request Britney Spears (or any of the 19 other cheesy artists/songs)--prior to event date, or these artists & songs do not appear in my music library at the gig!

I guess this issue doesn't come up with me any more:

www.dj-mc.com/cheese.htm

Notice who is at the bottom of my list.....clients must specifically request Britney Spears (or any of the 19 other cheesy artists/songs)--prior to event date, or these artists & songs do not appear in my music library at the gig!

While Matt I agree with everything on your list. Britney is not Cheese, she is a current active top 40 artist. She has had 4 top hits in the last 12 months and the way this song is gaining airplay, this will be #5

If they ask ahead of time....I will play her! (I've considered revoking her from the list, now that she has gone thru rehab & is making a comeback --- will replace with Mambo #5)