I Need Some Wash Lights

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
My ADJ Dotz TPar came with a carry case, remote, foot pedal, and light stand. It's a pretty nice stand except The black plastic grip on one of the adjustment knobs on the stand was shattered (when it arrived) into a bunch of little pieces. I'm using one of the knobs from my old light stand because this new one is a better stand. I've contacted the seller (IDJNow), and they seem to be willing to replace the knob, but I'm impatient, and I'm always game for trying to fix something broken if at all possible. So I got out the Gorilla Glue and glued as many of the larger pieces to the bolt as I could. There's still 15-20 tiny pieces it would be impossible to piece back together, leaving big gaps and cracks in the knob. With the glue having dried, it DOES feel pretty sturdy, but looks like crap.[emoji1] So I used some epoxy to fill in the gaps, and now it's looking like a real knob. After it dries good, I'll sand it down and shape it (on the grinder), then I'll paint it, and it should look good as used.[emoji1] At least it will match the other knobs. My OCD won't let me have an unmatched set of knobs indefinitely[emoji1], and the missing knob on my old (now unused) light stand is giving me an uncomfortable feeling.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: ittigger
My ADJ Dotz TPar came with a carry case, remote, foot pedal, and light stand. It's a pretty nice stand except The black plastic grip on one of the adjustment knobs on the stand was shattered (when it arrived) into a bunch of little pieces. I'm using one of the knobs from my old light stand because this new one is a better stand. I've contacted the seller (IDJNow), and they seem to be willing to replace the knob, but I'm impatient, and I'm always game for trying to fix something broken if at all possible. So I got out the Gorilla Glue and glued as many of the larger pieces to the bolt as I could. There's still 15-20 tiny pieces it would be impossible to piece back together, leaving big gaps and cracks in the knob. With the glue having dried, it DOES feel pretty sturdy, but looks like crap.[emoji1] So I used some epoxy to fill in the gaps, and now it's looking like a real knob. After it dries good, I'll sand it down and shape it (on the grinder), then I'll paint it, and it should look good as used.[emoji1] At least it will match the other knobs. My OCD won't let me have an unmatched set of knobs indefinitely[emoji1], and the missing knob on my old (now unused) light stand is giving me an uncomfortable feeling.[emoji1]

DONE...
upload_2017-8-25_13-44-42.png
... more or less.:laugh: Those (on the left) are some of the pieces I could not piece back in. You'd NEVER guess if you didn't know. And it's as sturdy as you'd ever need. If IDJNow sends me a new knob, I'll use it, but at least I have a functional adjustment knob until then.

Didn't have any high gloss paint, so I had to use satin, but I can get some later and repaint it. I wish I had taken a pic of all the little pieces before I glued them together.

Last edited:
DONE...
View attachment 32790
... more or less.:laugh: Those (on the left) are some of the pieces I could not piece back in. You'd NEVER guess if you didn't know. And it's as sturdy as you'd ever need. If IDJNow sends me a new knob, I'll use it, but at least I have a functional adjustment knob until then.

Didn't have any high gloss paint, so I had to use satin, but I can get some later and repaint it. I wish I had taken a pic of all the little pieces before I glued them together.

Looks like I'm gettin' a new knob. IDJNow contacted the manufacturer and the manufacturer is going to ship it to me at no charge. Nice! I guess the work I did to reconstruct the shattered knob was unnecessary.[emoji1] Oh well.[emoji1] I coulda spent that time makin' trading cards of Steve149.[emoji1]

Looks like I'm gettin' a new knob. IDJNow contacted the manufacturer and the manufacturer is going to ship it to me at no charge. Nice! I guess the work I did to reconstruct the shattered knob was unnecessary.[emoji1] Oh well.[emoji1] I coulda spent that time makin' trading cards of Steve149.[emoji1]

They're going to be worth serious coin at some point.

When I'm DEAD!!![emoji1] Art work is always worth more when the artist is dead. Don't get any ideas![emoji1]

Phheeeww ... I thought it was the subject ... I'm going to make bank then ..

I've been pretty happy with my ADJ Mega TriPar Profiles. I've used them for uplighting, but also with O rings and attached to a lighting stand for wash.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
DONE...
View attachment 32790

Just got my replacement adjustment knob. Took a couple of weeks, but at least I got it. Came directly from ADJ, but it was the seller (IDJNow) that made it happen. This is how all sellers should operate, but rarely do.

I never got around to buying the high gloss black paint to repaint the broken knob I repaired, but there's no rush now.[emoji4]

Can you tell which one is the replacement and which one I repaired?:laugh:
upload_2017-9-5_11-36-53.png

Last edited:
Got my brackets and lights painted for my speaker mounted light...

upload_2017-9-5_16-32-20.png

upload_2017-9-5_16-32-30.png

The contact paper idea for covering the upside-down logo on the front of the Chauvet DJ Bank lights didn't work out, so I painted just the faces of the two fixtures. This OCD crap has got to stop!:laugh:... but it does actually look much better. The thing I like best about this little addition is it only takes a few seconds to put the lights on the speakers, because they just take a single nut to to affix them to the top of each speaker... and I'm thinkin' I'm THAT NUT!:laugh:

Last edited: