I just bought a Lenovo TB-8504F tablet before my surgery.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
Yesterday I went to Micro Center and bought the Lenovo TB-8504F. For me I like Lenovo. They had a cheaper one with a much larger screen. It was a no name piece of junk for $80. The one I bought cost $130. It has 2g ram which is nice and 16 gig memory. I believe it can go up to 128. 8 inch screen. Not bad. Just got to get used to it.

I decided to sell my 2nd generation I pad as I hate to put stuff on it you have to go through I tunes. Not sure what to sell it for. I was thinking $150. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Just needs to be charged up. I was looking for something to try to make me feel good before my surgery on Monday. Let me check it out now see what it has.

Did forget to say I have to go back up there. The cord on my main laptop needs to be replaced. It's a old Thinkpad. I hope they have one that will work.

Yesterday I went to Micro Center and bought the Lenovo TB-8504F. For me I like Lenovo. They had a cheaper one with a much larger screen. It was a no name piece of junk for $80. The one I bought cost $130. It has 2g ram which is nice and 16 gig memory. I believe it can go up to 128. 8 inch screen. Not bad. Just got to get used to it.

I decided to sell my 2nd generation I pad as I hate to put stuff on it you have to go through I tunes. Not sure what to sell it for. I was thinking $150. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Just needs to be charged up. I was looking for something to try to make me feel good before my surgery on Monday. Let me check it out now see what it has.

Mix... I have a few questions I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. Did you go to Micro Center specifically to buy a Lenovo TB-8504F or some other 8” Android tablet? What do you plan to use the Lenovo TB-8504F for? Do you EVER shop around before you buy stuff, or are you just an impulse buyer? Do you realize you paid about $30 too much for it?

... and you obviously don’t know, but you can add a 256GB SD card (not just 128GB).[emoji4]

Last edited:
Mix... I have a few questions I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. Did you go to Micro Center specifically to buy a Lenovo TB-8504F or some other 8” Android tablet? What do you plan to use the Lenovo TB-8504F for? Do you EVER shop around before you buy stuff, or are you just an impulse buyer? Do you realize you paid about $30 too much for it?

... and you obviously don’t know, but you can add a 256GB SD card (not just 128GB).[emoji4]
I went buy a tablet. I was looking for something decent and came across this one. I didn't know I could save $30 if I bought it somewhere else. It's Ok though because Micro Center is great at standing by the things they sell. Sometimes it's worth spending the extra money to get peace of mind.

Right now I need to contact Xfinity to get a setup to get online with the tablet. I'm really not a big fan of having to go through this to get online. So I have to do what I need to do to get online.

I do at times get an itch to buy something and I have to scratch it. Not often because bills got to get paid. All I want to know is this a decent tablet? Especially in my case because I'm not an expert at technology. Just looking to get online, put pictures and video on it and be done. Also our contract and wedding planner form for people to see when meeting with a potential client in person.

I went buy a tablet. I was looking for something decent and came across this one. I didn't know I could save $30 if I bought it somewhere else. It's Ok though because Micro Center is great at standing by the things they sell. Sometimes it's worth spending the extra money to get peace of mind.

Right now I need to contact Xfinity to get a setup to get online with the tablet. I'm really not a big fan of having to go through this to get online. So I have to do what I need to do to get online.

I do at times get an itch to buy something and I have to scratch it. Not often because bills got to get paid. All I want to know is this a decent tablet? Especially in my case because I'm not an expert at technology. Just looking to get online, put pictures and video on it and be done. Also our contract and wedding planner form for people to see when meeting with a potential client in person.

It’s a decent enough tablet from what I’ve read... very good battery life, but not such a good camera, and only single band WiFi. You can read the reviews yourself online... but maybe a little late for that now.[emoji4] You paid retail price for it. Nothing wrong with paying retail if you’re happy with the product and you think the retailer adds some value. I always have a little buyer’s remorse when I buy on impulse and then find out later I could have got a better price, or even a better product if I had shopped around and/or done a little research before buying. Only you can decide if it was worth the extra $30 to have it NOW, instead of 3-4 days from now.

As for having documents on it to show to prospective clients... that shouldn’t be a problem. Not sure if a client is impressed by that?[emoji1] I guess if you’re trying to look like you’re into the latest technology it might have some impact, but most 20 somethings are not gonna be all that impressed by a little Android tablet. Maybe I’m old school, but if I’m meeting with a client face-to-face, I just whip out a printed copy of my questionnaire from my breif case.[emoji1]

Just looking to get online, put pictures and video on it and be done. Also our contract and wedding planner form for people to see when meeting with a potential client in person.

Considering you have bills to pay, your 2nd generation iPad was perfect for this vs overpaying for something that you really didn't need.

I just don't know. If you're happy great but it would be a little more advantageous to ask for advice before you buy something if you're not tech savvy. I used to work assisted sales for Intel in Best Buy. We couldn't give away the android and Windows tablets but sold hundreds of iPads. I'm quite sure they have no resale value as opposed to any iPad which even the original iPad still has value. From what you're saying you want to do second generation iPad will do with no problems. One of the nice things about an iPad is if you have a question you can always go into Apple store and ask. Or do it here I'm sure plenty could recommend an app or way to do it. Last year I got my wife a older iPad mini, she's on it all the time doing basically what you want to do. Her only complaint is it is not as light as the newer iPads everyone else in the family has

Several years ago, I bought my wife a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 for a reader. After a few years of using it, she wanted a newer one (better screen resolution), so I bought her a new Samsung Galaxy. She LOVES it... She downloads and reads at least one book a week. I have her old one, and it still works fine. I just can’t really think of anything it’s really very useful for.[emoji1] My wife is probably about as tech savvy as Mix, so I set everything up for her... network, email, etc. I’m not a huge fan of Android, but it works fine for what my wife needs.

I have an LG 7" or 8" tablet .. never use it .. I use my 2nd gen iPad and 4th gen iPad Mini all the time. Both go to every gig with me. I have many apps for which there are no similar ones on Android (Studio Six Audio tools is one). Only peeve is not being able to add storage.

Considering you have bills to pay, your 2nd generation iPad was perfect for this vs overpaying for something that you really didn't need.
Like I said I hate I pad. I don't remember my I tunes account and I think it won't allow you to reset anything. Besides I like to keep things simple. Just plug something in and it loads up.

Like I said I hate I pad. I don't remember my I tunes account and I think it won't allow you to reset anything. Besides I like to keep things simple. Just plug something in and it loads up.
I always thought most people went the Apple route because it was more intuitive and you couldn't customize/change as much as Windows or Android systems. And that was across all Apple products, iPhones, iPads and Macs.

The iPad cant get anymore simple. You just wanted to buy something and saw a price and said I will take it. Brand new I can get that unit for &90 on Amazon right now. It is a nice paperweight and nothing more. In the end you do what you clients do and looked at price and that is all.

Reactions: ittigger
Since a lot of you like I pad, want to buy mine?
The iPad cant get anymore simple. You just wanted to buy something and saw a price and said I will take it. Brand new I can get that unit for &90 on Amazon right now. It is a nice paperweight and nothing more. In the end you do what you clients do and looked at price and that is all.
NO DID YOU READ WHAT I SAID!!!!!!!!? I hate I pad and Apple all together. I used to have an iPhone and got rid of it. If somebody gave me the 10 for free I would sell it immediately.

I have a Galaxy tablet, but I almost never use it for DJ work.
I surf the net when I don't feel like dragging out the laptop...
or I use it to play music when I am working outside, or sitting on a plane.
My hope is that when I buy a DMX dongle,
I will use it for LightRider or something similar.

I will agree with Mix on Apple products.
I have never owned one, but I don't like how they operate.
With the hardware, you have to buy THEIR products and accessories.
With their software, you have to make sure it doesn't take over EVERYTHING on your computer.

You can reset anything. It doesn't get any simpler than an iPad (I've used multiple platforms). This makes no sense if you have bills to pay. I'm not trying to be negative here - but it sounds like you just wanted a reason to buy something - Apple sucks, I needed to cheer myself up before surgery, etc. I don't believe I've heard anyone that has used an Apple device (iPhone, iPad, etc) for a few months, complain about how it works.

As for simplicity, people don't choose a non-apple device for simplicity. They choose a non-apple device for non-simplicity. They like more options than are approved by a given manufacturer. This is the opposite of simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Romard
You can reset anything. It doesn't get any simpler than an iPad (I've used multiple platforms). This makes no sense if you have bills to pay.
Mike nailed it for me. You have to go through Apple if you want anything loaded on there or to do anything else. Do you know why this so?

I can tell you. The owner of the company was willing to let people get whatever they wanted for free, just buy his product. The government wouldn't allow him to do so. So he decided to fix the government and this is what he did.

With the hardware, you have to buy THEIR products and accessories.
Yes and no - Apple does not sell Serato controllers. Apple does sell the Apple Pencil.

With their software, you have to make sure it doesn't take over EVERYTHING on your computer.
Again, yes and no. iTunes has no issues and has not taken over my machines. The same has to be said for Windows software - such as McAfee and Symantec. These do take over your Windows systems.

Reactions: Jeff Romard