I hate not knowing details till the last minute.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Mix you're working on 60 and not in great health. Focus on getting a steady gig to make some scratch and play what you want and take it as you can get it otherwise. Whatever you get now is split in 3 or more and it seems you pay the bills out of your share. If you could get a regular Thursday night gig for $100 and pick up the odd weekend one you'd be better off than you are now. Move the partners down the road and go it yourself

Mix you're working on 60 and not in great health. Focus on getting a steady gig to make some scratch and play what you want and take it as you can get it otherwise. Whatever you get now is split in 3 or more and it seems you pay the bills out of your share. If you could get a regular Thursday night gig for $100 and pick up the odd weekend one you'd be better off than you are now. Move the partners down the road and go it yourself

That sounds like great advice, but can he do it alone? That would be my fear. If he has a pain issue, will he be able to continue? I wish the best for Mix and want him to succeed. If having a partner is required, just make sure he gets more work and a good cut. If he can go it alone, more power to him and his wallet.

That sounds like great advice, but can he do it alone? That would be my fear. If he has a pain issue, will he be able to continue? I wish the best for Mix and want him to succeed. If having a partner is required, just make sure he gets more work and a good cut. If he can go it alone, more power to him and his wallet.

I'm thinking It would have to be cheaper to hire a roadie than have all these partners and if he could hook a regular gig it's no load in many places. I don't wish him any bad luck either that's why I keep giving advice

Sorry I didn't get to post the gig report yet. I will. Also got a gig this Saturday in Basking Ridge, NJ for 3 hours. Gave up the price and the guy said something real funny. He's struggling. No s*** me too. Who isn't struggling? I'll tell you. Donald Trump and Oprah.

Reactions: scgstuff
Sorry I didn't get to post the gig report yet. I will. Also got a gig this Saturday in Basking Ridge, NJ for 3 hours. Gave up the price and the guy said something real funny. He's struggling. No s*** me too. Who isn't struggling? I'll tell you. Donald Trump and Oprah.

What are the particulars of the saturday, and will you be doing it by yourself?

What are the particulars of the saturday, and will you be doing it by yourself?
I hope this is solo. He needs a feather in his cap so he can remember what it is like behind the board instead of cell phone pics. I wish nothing but the best for Mix and hope this is a good starting point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This was a last minute event. It was difficult to get to the guy. Just got details for the event a few minutes ago. We will have a contract with us. Actually 2. The contract stipulates in a case like this the money is to be paid before any music is played.

Last minute or not - no contract, no show. If you had enough time to get a booking, then you had enough time to send a contract. Your contract is meaningless unless its agreed to and signed.

Reactions: PhaseIIPro
This was a last minute event. It was difficult to get to the guy. Just got details for the event a few minutes ago. We will have a contract with us. Actually 2. The contract stipulates in a case like this the money is to be paid before any music is played.
What you are talking about is an invoice. A contract would have been done ahead of services to make sure everyone knows what is to be done, where, for how long and for how much.

What you are talking about is an invoice. A contract would have been done ahead of services to make sure everyone knows what is to be done, where, for how long and for how much.
Po-tae-toe, po-ta-toe, get-paid-o, get-nad-o. It's all in the pronunciation..... :laugh: