I got a steal of a deal on some corded mics.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
Today I answered an ad on Craigslist. Guy was selling a Nady corded mic for $10. So for that price I decided to take a chance. I get to where he lives and it's a brand-new mic still in the box. It's one of these without an off and on switch. For $10 I figured what the hell.

I went to pay him and he tells me he has a bunch more in a box. As it turns out he is a DJ as well and he does karaoke along with other events. So he had 14 other mics he just wanted to get rid of. They were mainly Nady without the switch. 2 of them are Cad mics that look brand-new with the switch. Please don't beat me up because of the names of the mics. He sold the whole lot to me for $30.

I decided why not and bought them. Some the speaking part on the mics are a bit beaten up. My guess is over the years of doing karaoke in bars with drunk people handling them trying to sing, some of them have been dropped a few times. Anyway I would say a steal of a deal. Especially if all of them work.

There are a couple decent CAD mics, though none with a switch that I am aware of. Most of the NADY or CAD basic mics are $15 mics .. OK for making an announcement in a bar .. probably NOT what you want for your speaker jams.

Today I answered an ad on Craigslist. Guy was selling a Nady corded mic for $10. So for that price I decided to take a chance. I get to where he lives and it's a brand-new mic still in the box. It's one of these without an off and on switch. For $10 I figured what the hell.

I went to pay him and he tells me he has a bunch more in a box. As it turns out he is a DJ as well and he does karaoke along with other events. So he had 14 other mics he just wanted to get rid of. They were mainly Nady without the switch. 2 of them are Cad mics that look brand-new with the switch. Please don't beat me up because of the names of the mics. He sold the whole lot to me for $30.

I decided why not and bought them. Some the speaking part on the mics are a bit beaten up. My guess is over the years of doing karaoke in bars with drunk people handling them trying to sing, some of them have been dropped a few times. Anyway I would say a steal of a deal. Especially if all of them work.

He must have seen sucker stamped on your forehead. Your buy more s*** that you don’t need then anyone I’ve ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool mix got $20 worth of mics for $30
No Sir. Wrong again. I know they cost a bit more new each one. You can get a deal when a store wants to get rid of mics like these but they will never sell you 15 mics for $30.

I can’t remember the last time I used a corded mic I have an SM58 as a back up but haven’t used it years
I use them depending on the situation. I like to have a corded mic with me when doing events using cordless mics because at times it can take a moment to track down a cordless mic because people will put them down anywhere. Certain events I do there is no need for a cordless mic.

AMS threw in one of those Starpower mics with a mic stand I bought a couple of decades ago. I haven't hardly used it but it isn't that bad for a back up mic. And it has a switch!

Having 1000 mics doesn't matter if you don't have gigs to use them at. Did you have a working microphone before you spent this money?

You know what else you could get for $30? Two months worth of hosting and a professional looking design template from Squarespace.

Mix,

You need self discipline. It comes from when you make a decision to be disciplined. When you make a decision to do better...to do more...to be more.

Develop the habits of success. Set some Goals for yourself. White those goals down on paper every week...EVERY DAY! One thing that high achievers have in common is they all have goals. Without GOALS you will continually be directionless. You will get used. Get yourself UNSTUCK!

Don't let someone else's opinion of you become reality.
Show ODJT you can do this. Show ODJT you are not a lame duck stuck in the same old rut.

Making money, and progressing in this business is NOT EASY. If it were easy everybody would be doing it, and living the dream of being a high paid well off 500K a year or Millionaire DJ. You gotta push through. You get knocked down? Get back up! It doesn't matter how old you are, or how far away from a gig you are, or what equipment you have or don't have. You can achieve what you want in this business if you set your mind to it, and get HUNGRY!

Having 1000 mics doesn't matter if you don't have gigs to use them at. Did you have a working microphone before you spent this money?

You know what else you could get for $30? Two months worth of hosting and a professional looking design template from Squarespace.
Yes I do have events coming up and who said anything about spending $300. It was $30 for the 15 mics.

He said $30... even in the quote you quoted it says $30 lol. Everyone else has said it... you are spending your very limited resources in all the wrong areas. You should be creating a list of priorities and saving towards them. You should be working on advertising and reaching out to a new circle of clients because the one you have just isn't doing it. They're extremely low end, with no value in who their dj is, and there's not enough of that circle to provide enough work. Best of luck

Yes I do have events coming up and who said anything about spending $300. It was $30 for the 15 mics.

Mix, getting 15 $10-$15 mics for $30, means you still have 15 really, really low end mics. Regardless of the discount, they are still junk mics. I would NEVER roll those out to a client.

Mix,

You need self discipline. It comes from when you make a decision to be disciplined. When you make a decision to do better...to do more...to be more.

Develop the habits of success. Set some Goals for yourself. White those goals down on paper every week...EVERY DAY! One thing that high achievers have in common is they all have goals. Without GOALS you will continually be directionless. You will get used. Get yourself UNSTUCK!

Don't let someone else's opinion of you become reality.
Show ODJT you can do this. Show ODJT you are not a lame duck stuck in the same old rut.

Making money, and progressing in this business is NOT EASY. If it were easy everybody would be doing it, and living the dream of being a high paid well off 500K a year or Millionaire DJ. You gotta push through. You get knocked down? Get back up! It doesn't matter how old you are, or how far away from a gig you are, or what equipment you have or don't have. You can achieve what you want in this business if you set your mind to it, and get HUNGRY!

You pulled out the Amway tapes again didn't you Ricky ;)