I bought a few items to use at events in the future.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Mix I get the urge to buy gear trust me when I say I buy s**t I don't need all the time. Sometimes I buy it and resell it very quick sometimes I make a few bucks on it sometimes I lose a few bucks on it and sometimes (more often than not) I keep it. I got gear coming out my ears here much of it I don't use on a regular or even semi regular basis

The difference is I've had a reason to buy it. There was a solid plan in place to make money or it was a toy. You buy with no solid plan hoping you may use it someday. I'll put money on it that I'll make more profit this month, the slowest month of the year, than you will all year.

Make yourself the rule that if it's not making you long term money you don't buy it. Take the hundreds you save and put it in to a website and business cards. Follow that and this time next year you and your bank account will thank me
You're probably right about making more than me right now. Things for me depend on how long it will take for me to get back into it after my surgery.

As far as contracts go hood rats or people spending $250-300 are not used to signing contracts. So to get people like that to sign a contract is nearly impossible. That's another reason to upgrade the price I want people to pay.

Pretty simple. No signed contract, no show. A lower or higher price does not change this requirement.

Also pretty simple, a failure to plan - is a plan to fail. No business plan, fail - business plan, succeed.

Last edited:
As far as contracts go hood rats or people spending $250-300 are not used to signing contracts. So to get people like that to sign a contract is nearly impossible. That's another reason to upgrade the price I want people to pay.

We've done business with some old-time guys who still do all their business by handshake agreement. Know what? They signed our contract when they had their reunion celebration. Not because I don't trust them to pay, that's rarely an issue, but because our liability insurance is not valid without a contract. Let that sink in. We have no insurance if we have no contract. The amount of the contract has little to do with it. The potential for damage can WAY exceed your contract price whether it's an event for $150 or an event for $5k. With a small contract you actually stand to have more to lose...because you didn't earn anything to cover expenses or damages or liability issues. That $150 event won't seem much worthwhile once you have a lawsuit on your desk that threatens to take your business, your house, your retirement.....

You're probably right about making more than me right now. Things for me depend on how long it will take for me to get back into it after my surgery.

You don't need a lengthy contract .. you can get the basics down on a single side of a single page ... What, where, when, who and how much .. it just makes sure there is an agreement of all parties. You can move to more complex contracts when your events warrant it.

I'm having a blast right now. I can't wait to make a gig log about this event. This one made up for the other event that didn't go well. I will look to make a thread about this on Monday. I'm busy tomorrow.

Reactions: Dj Nightmare