I beam truss to lift

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

prodjay

DJ Extraordinaire
Dec 13, 2009
Bossier, Louisiana
Does anyone here know how or should I say what is the correct way to attach sections of I beam truss to small or medium crank up stands?

Do you really want I-beam?

Well I think so, I still need someway to make totems, but sometimes I need horizontal spans for larger events, but I want to be able to pack everything into my van.

So I was thinking of getting some I beam truss that I could use for totems and when needed I could just put 2 or 3 together for my horizontal truss.

Just did not want to buy items that I would only be able to use one way. (Does this make any sense)

Well I think so, I still need someway to make totems, but sometimes I need horizontal spans for larger events, but I want to be able to pack everything into my van.

So I was thinking of getting some I beam truss that I could use for totems and when needed I could just put 2 or 3 together for my horizontal truss.

Just did not want to buy items that I would only be able to use one way. (Does this make any sense)
I understand. Unfortunately, the basic I-beams are lightweight. They make heavier duty ones, but then you need to clamp them onto the vertical poles and now you have the weight off center. Triangle truss might be the best alternative as 2 pieces (1 inverted) will fit in the space of 1 box truss, but it will allow the weight to be centered on the stands.

This is lighter duty ADJ triangle truss, but it gives the idea ..

1541012602349.png

Reactions: prodjay
Yea, I was planning on using the heavy duty I beams so I could use my 2" quick clamps for my movers.

After looking at your above photo and the fact I have built several adapter in the past for my stands, this gives me an idea, time to break out the welder.

I beam doesn't do longer spans very well.
Also doesn't hold as much weight.
If you are considering movers or scanners, I wouldn't use I-beam.

Reactions: ittigger