I attended a Wedding Wire Networking Event tonight!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
I attended a Wedding Wire Networking event tonight. Cocktails provided by wedding wire. I had a couple of beers, and Mingled with others. Met some cool dudes and dedettes there.

I realized something. THERE ARE A LOT OF YOUNG PEOPLE GETTING INTO THE WEDDING BUSINESS! ...Especially planners, and designers...So many Millennial up and coming planners/designers/make up artists getting into the field!!!

I saw a officiant I worked a wedding with last year. We recognized each other and slowly figured out who the client was! LOL.

Met some new DJs. One DJ actually had a Friend make a Cartoon of him and put it on the back of his business card...Pretty awesome idea, especially for a guy who is only in the biz for less than 3 years. Nice guy! He admitted he has very cheap equipment. Rockville brand Speakers! But he is new to the game.

I also had a planner I worked with on 2 weddings in the past give me a hug! Pretty Cool recognition there!

I also found out that one of the open house events I use to do was taken over by another employee, and that is why I am no longer doing that open house! ...I thought the venue was not doing those open houses any more. I gotta contact the new employee in charge now!

Anyway, I ran into this Magician doing magic tricks. I wish I took more video, but I started taking video towards the end o the tricks he was doing for us! Nice guy. Got his card...He also does music so I guess that means he DJs too, but wasn't sure about that. He was focused on being a magician!

Enjoy the video!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQmUqLmb8Mk

Overall, it was a fun time. I wish I had arrived early for it! Darn Baltimore Traffic getting there!!!

Fat chance of them getting me back to being a paying member...Their rates are insane. I met the sales rep who was trying to sell to me about 3 months ago. We chatted briefly. I flat out told them they need to lower their rates by at least 50% for me to even consider advertising with them again. $427.50 a month for featured, and $170/month for professional is absurd. I can't believe some DJs are blowing that much money on being listed there still!

Fat chance of them getting me back to being a paying member...Their rates are insane. I met the sales rep who was trying to sell to me about 3 months ago. We chatted briefly. I flat out told them they need to lower their rates by at least 50% for me to even consider advertising with them again. $427.50 a month for featured, and $170/month for professional is absurd. I can't believe some DJs are blowing that much money on being listed there still!
It's almost double that here. Granted I don't bother with it... nothing beats word of mouth. It benefits the companies that do volume bookings. Individuals like most of us won't be found on a featured listing on there.

It's almost double that here. Granted I don't bother with it... nothing beats word of mouth. It benefits the companies that do volume bookings. Individuals like most of us won't be found on a featured listing on there.

Yeah, it seems most everything is getting stupid expensive though.

I mean we changed car insurance companies 6 months ago because we found a lower rate with All State after our rates went up with Geico. We paid in full and managed to save over $300 at the time compared to what Geico wanted. Now that it's not a new policy, we just got the renewal rate with All State...Back up almost to what it was with Geico.

Health Insurance just went up another $200 a month for the same plan. It's absurd that we are paying $900 a month for health insurance when my wife's work covers the other half...so the policy costs $1800 for a healthy couple in their 30s and 1 child? What will it cost 10 years from now? $5,000/month? ...My wife and I are fortunate to have a lower mortgage than many people do, but the cost of living is becoming ridiculous. We are to the point where we argue about getting rid of Cable. I want it gone, (Just use Internet and a Amazon Fire Stick for TV!) and she doesn't want to give it up because she is addicted to like 6 different shows she watches, but we need to make cuts somewhere...Our Cable/Internet bill is over $300 a month now, and I barely watch any TV.

The cost of living continues to go up as it has been doing without wages improving for most people and there are going to be some serious economic problems in the near future. People aren't going to be able to spend enough money out there to keep the economy growing because they will be house/cost of living broke.