Howdee folks

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

oldschool

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 25, 2018
Hello all!
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I'm an old musician and live sound guy dipping my toe into the rave scene and was looking for a forum where I can discuss all things audio.
I'm a big EV fan, I like all things EV. Over the years I have put together a pretty awesome sound system that is diverse enough to do small gigs all the way up to fairly large events.
I been doing live sound for the past 20 years on my own, but I'm not a DJ so I teamed up with some folks that are into the rave scene.
For raves, I supply the sound equipment and my promoter does all the promotions bookings and is responsible for the DJ talent.
Though I have ran live sound for many years, I'm new to the rave scene. It's been a very interesting adventure for sure.
We don't do weddings or small back yard events. We are after the bigger events that the smaller DJ guys can handle. We are after events of at least 500 or more.
We are in the Houston area so there's lots of opportunity's to do well.
I cut down from live sound 3/4 nights a week to just 1 or 2 a month. Been doing raves about once a month for the past year.
I'm sure I'll be posting many questions and hope to get some good insight (not BS) on all aspects of the industry.
Anyway that's it in a nut shell.