How do I stream wirelessly to internet?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

jaswrx

DJ Extraordinaire
Feb 15, 2015
I took an NYE gig and ironically it is down the street from where I had plans. My wife told me to see if I could set up a live stream for the house party we were invited to, so I attempted to test via youtube live, but the quality, even when set pretty high is just so compressed.

Any suggestions?

Facebook live isn't bad with an average camera placed well. It's compressed but not as bad as Youtube. Periscope is passable too

I am not doing video, so the camera does not matter. I want to take the input level (connected oy my DJ mixer into the mic input) of the laptop and broadcast high quality. I assume FB will be the same as Youtube?

Just looking for some site that allows me to do this. If possible, I would like to have the option to NOT the broadcast camera, of course, I could just black it out.

Just downloaded obs studio. Looks like you can set higher quality streams than youtube gives you access to via their website. Will have to test.

I'm interested in seeing how this works out for you. I had a prospect that was looking to broadcast my sound to a rooftop bar that was 27 floors above the room I would be Djing in. The set up in the remote location would have just been a laptop and a powered speaker but I wasn't sure how to implement this from the main room. I felt like using any social media platform ran the risk of getting shut down for copyright restrictions. Eventually the client gave up on the idea but I would like to know how to to this in a cost effective manner.

I am not doing video, so the camera does not matter. I want to take the input level (connected oy my DJ mixer into the mic input) of the laptop and broadcast high quality. I assume FB will be the same as Youtube?

Just looking for some site that allows me to do this. If possible, I would like to have the option to NOT the broadcast camera, of course, I could just black it out.

Sorry I assumed video...

If it's just audio you can do it in most DJ software. I've done it with Mixmeister 15 years ago and VDJ a few years back

If you use VDJ here's a tutorial

ok, did some more testing. After downloading the OBS Encoder app, I had much better luck. The app lets you control streaming parameters which give you MUCH higher quality than the built-in youtube default "camera" settings.

SO I can do a nearly no delay 160 bitrate stream. They just need the share link via youtube.

I can also select do not display video.

Best of all, the app is free and made for OSX and Windows :)

There is the whole legaiity and if youtube will shut it down, who knows?!? I will defintely not save the video for future playback as part of videos on youtube.

Reactions: ittigger