Hello from Upstate NY

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

OmniaDMP

Active DJ
Jul 18, 2018
Good afternoon all!

My name is Kris and I'm from Upstate NY, near Saugerties. I have been involved in the music industry for quite some time as a session guitarist at a recording studio. I have been into the DJ business now for a little over a year. I have a lot of experience in programming dmx lighting and setting up sound systems. I have learned a lot from this site already from reading the posts, but figured I would register as I have a few questions. Primarily I'm a mobile DJ. I've done a few weddings and a bunch of corporate events. Looking to branch out at this point.

I'm running Serato DJ Pro with a Pioneer DDJ-SR, but I also have a Pioneer DJM909 with turntables. For speakers I am running a pair of Mackie SRM650s. No subs at this point, no reason for the events I've done.

Just wanted to say hello to all, and I look forward to learning more from this forum.

Welcome Kris.

Upstate? Saugerties? Mid-state at best!!!! :laugh:

Welcome to the board from Saratoga, NY, the real upstate.:djsmug:

Reactions: steve149
You need to REWORK something and start a thread in the DIY forum about it. EVERYBODY loves it when you rework stuff![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: djcrazychris
You need to REWORK something and start a thread in the DIY forum about it. EVERYBODY loves it when you rework stuff![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/AirQuoteStart] Everybody [/AirQuoteEnd] loves it .. :)

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Welcome Kris. Please keep your hands, feet, limbs, tentacles, appendages, whatever, etc inside the vehicle at all times - and buckle your seat belt.

I'm sure I can find something to rework LOL.

Well... Actually, I probably shouldn't use the term; "rework". It's kind of a negative word because (in manufacturing) it means you didn't do it right the first time. With me, my projects are really more of a REFINEMENT process.[emoji4]

Well... Actually, I probably shouldn't use the term; "rework". It's kind of a negative word because (in manufacturing) it means you didn't do it right the first time. With me, my projects are really more of a REFINEMENT process.[emoji4]
Refinement is too positive as it means you are making subtle, sometimes imperceptible changes to make it better ... I think it's more boredom induced modification, or BIM.

I'm getting ready to "refine" an Avid Eleven Rack guitar system with a baseball bat. Does that count?