Got to hire a new DJ

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Albany,
Apparently it matters quite a bit what Ducky looks like, otherwise you would have never asked the question, especially in the context of this thread. If a female has the skills to spin, she has the skills to spin, if she doesn't she doesn't.
Take the band Heart for example. Nobody cared what the Wilson sisters looked like, all anyone knew was they could rock just as hard or harder than the guys. It was only when the shallowness of Mtv came about that anyone cared what they looked like.

Moral of the story, when looking for a new DJ to hire, male or female, hot or not, none of it matters if they don't have the skills. A crappy DJ will always be crappy regardless of their looks.

A suggestion I would make when in your interview:

Take them to the equipment, have them do their best to not only identify the parts and then put the system together with out your help.

I found that a person might have the personality requirements, but if they can't figure out how a nutrik plug works... 6 years had a DJ that couldn't figure it out, couldn't trouble shoot in the least, if something wasn't working he'd panic.

It is also a good gauge of how intuitive they are. If they have no experience with that kind of equipment but can make it work you got yourself a problem solver.

This is of course on top of all the personality traits. Think of this as the FINALS of the interview. It might not seem like that big of a deal, I didn't think so a few times, but it cost me more time and effort in the long run.

As for women DJ's. I have only ever hired 2. One was young, sexy and very good looking with a great personality. However she tended to dress a little to comfortably. Sleeveless shirts with diving fronts, short skirts or really form fitting pants and tops.

I tried to explain to her that the idea is not to look better or take attention from the bride... Well... Women have ego's too.

The other one was AWESOME. If I couldl have had 10 more like her I'd have bought the company I worked for rather than manage it. Great friendly personality, eagerness to work and learn, if there wasn't enough bookings in the slower season she would go out with another DJ just to hang out. (I paid her what I could when she did). She knew her music, could interact with people really well, great charisma and energy over all. She did eventually move to the big city and to a bigger company for the money. She still came down to help us out though if we needed it.

Hey Ducky!

Hey Ducky, have at 'em and I'll cheer you on. Lop off a couple of limbs with that sword you wield and nobody will cry for those you vanquish.

BUT...

There's been a considerable amount written here about fat and gray and other physical attributes when there was no hint of sexism involved (that is, it was males talking about males). In fairness, I don't think it was meant to be as pointed as this all seemed. In fact one recently dealt with feeling foolish when DJ'ing when old(er) (er, my present age).

Albany,
In answer to your question, right now, Ducky looks tough enough to give you a woopin'. All hail ODJT's resident Xena!

Cue Music: The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In).

Albany,
Apparently it matters quite a bit what Ducky looks like, otherwise you would have never asked the question, especially in the context of this thread. If a female has the skills to spin, she has the skills to spin, if she doesn't she doesn't.
Take the band Heart for example. Nobody cared what the Wilson sisters looked like, all anyone knew was they could rock just as hard or harder than the guys. It was only when the shallowness of Mtv came about that anyone cared what they looked like.

Moral of the story, when looking for a new DJ to hire, male or female, hot or not, none of it matters if they don't have the skills. A crappy DJ will always be crappy regardless of their looks.

Same thing happend to Meatloaf.

Albany,

You say that, but we know you were watching the Heart videos just like the rest of us.

=)

Hey Ducky, have at 'em and I'll cheer you on. Lop off a couple of limbs with that sword you wield and nobody will cry for those you vanquish.

BUT...

There's been a considerable amount written here about fat and gray and other physical attributes when there was no hint of sexism involved (that is, it was males talking about males). In fairness, I don't think it was meant to be as pointed as this all seemed. In fact one recently dealt with feeling foolish when DJ'ing when old(er) (er, my present age).

Albany,
In answer to your question, right now, Ducky looks tough enough to give you a woopin'. All hail ODJT's resident Xena!

Cue Music: The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In).

Ducky - ODJT Princess.

=)

I wonder, can the SA's add that to your info as a special title just for you?! Like Senior Member, etc. Ducky's could be ODJT Princess.