Bar & Club Got to get ready for a bar gig this Saturday.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I got a call yesterday from the manager of thyis bar again. The DJ who plays there on Saturday won't be there and my friend who plays there on Thursday and Friday nights has a gig on Saturday. So the manager liked what i've done there in the past and decided to call me again.

I told him yes since obviously we don't have a private gig this Saturday and i really like this bar. It's a friendly peaceful place. When i'm playing there most of the people love what i do. Some have said they need me here on a regular bases. I just get in where i fit in at.

Tomorrow my friend who helped me do the cookout is coming by the house so we can load all the music from my main HD to the backup because he says he beleives why some of the music isn't coming up is because he beleives the main HD isn't working right.

I was looking at getting a 1 TB portable HD. I saw a Toshiba portable 1 TB HD in Micro Center for under $100.00. How good are their HD's? If you don't like theirs what would you choose?

I have some Toshiba portables as backups - they work well. I'm not sure it's the hard drive's fault some songs don't show up. Check their tags, and whether they're ripped correctly.

I have some Toshiba portables as backups - they work well. I'm not sure it's the hard drive's fault some songs don't show up. Check their tags, and whether they're ripped correctly.
What the hell are talking about? Since you said this it's going to cost you 1 billion dollars for you to get yours. Everyone else it will be $19,95.

What the hell are talking about? Since you said this it's going to cost you 1 billion dollars for you to get yours. Everyone else it will be $19,95.

Not sure why you went off on Andy about this. Ron, Andy & I (and I'm sure others) agree that it's probably not the hard drive. If you refuse to accept input on a problem, then don't put it on here. I can only imagine that you were responding to DJCC's comment about the decoder ring (which is not what you replied to)?

Reactions: 2 people
No the HD is bad. Had to wind up taking it out of the enclosure and use my partners peice to get it to work. Just got to get the other one fully loaded. Before the main HD stopped powering up. I know next time to stay away from a HD that has a power cord to get it to work.

If you took it out of the enclosure and it's working, then the enclosure is the problem and not the HD.

I don't know of a HD that does not have a power cord. If you're referring to external powered HD's, one WITH a power cord is much better than one without.

No the HD is bad. Had to wind up taking it out of the enclosure and use my partners peice to get it to work. Just got to get the other one fully loaded. Before the main HD stopped powering up. I know next time to stay away from a HD that has a power cord to get it to work.
Just curious what is the "piece" of your partners you had to use to make a hard drive work? Still going with ittigger on this one.

Just curious what is the "piece" of your partners you had to use to make a hard drive work? Still going with ittigger on this one.

Because not enough info was provided, I shall assume he's referring to another case, or drive caddy.

Regardless of what drive you're using, if you're not taking care of it, it will break. The biggest problem I've seen with external drives is that they have a problem at the transformer because of a wire bending loose. Again, storing / using it properly can avoid this.

That and if you use external drives, you should have an identical backup (same type, same format, same contents) to swap with.

Reactions: 2 people
Because not enough info was provided, I shall assume he's referring to another case, or drive caddy.

Regardless of what drive you're using, if you're not taking care of it, it will break. The biggest problem I've seen with external drives is that they have a problem at the transformer because of a wire bending loose. Again, storing / using it properly can avoid this.
You're right and I believe that's what happened. I was rushing out of the house to get to work and couldn't think of what it was. I'm using his docking station.

*yawn* oh boy!