Got the lights today and I'm pissed.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
When I get to my partners house we will check the lights out. My issue is that they delivered the lights but didn't ring the door bell. So I come outside to go check this hall out for a reception tomorrow and the lights were left on the porch. What if someone stole the lights?

I wanted to use the lights tomorrow but the place is so small, there's hardly any room for the speakers and controller. So might have to wait till another time. Very small wedding. About 40 people if that many. Should be fun but not much dancing. There's really no room for dancing. I will take pictures tomorrow. The reception is to be from 7 to midnight.

When I get to my partners house we will check the lights out. My issue is that they delivered the lights but didn't ring the door bell. So I come outside to go check this hall out for a reception tomorrow and the lights were left on the porch. What if someone stole the lights?

I wanted to use the lights tomorrow but the place is so small, there's hardly any room for the speakers and controller. So might have to wait till another time. Very small wedding. About 40 people if that many. Should be fun but not much dancing. There's really no room for dancing. I will take pictures tomorrow. The reception is to be from 7 to midnight.

They hardly ever ring the door anymore ... not USPS, FedEX, nor UPS. The only time they do is if a signature is required. That’s why I Track my packages, and request status notifications via email on their Web sites. When tracking says it’s out for delivery, I make sure someone’s here. Today FedEX delivered my new controller. Not a huge box; would be easy for someone to walk off with. I had the front door open (glass storm door was closed), so I saw the FedEX guy set the box in the chair on my front porch. But he didn’t see me, nor did he ring the doorbell. As he left, I stood off to the side where I could see out without being seen, hoping to catch some package thief coming up on my porch. Fortunately (for any would-be package thief) none showed up.[emoji1] So I went out and retrieved my package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Messing with the light now and it's nice. Works well. They should do nicely. Just have to see what they look like in a much larger space..

It wouldn't be a big loss now would it?

Just bring the lights and set them up. Get some pictures. They are up lights. You can place them near outlets.

A loss is a loss. You don't want to lose anything do you?

I don't sweat the small stuff and $40 is definitely small stuff. Besides, if it's stolen off your doorstep you just call and say you never received it and they replace it.

Reactions: sonic-vision
Shipments valued at $100 or less are automatically insured so, they can be left without notice. You cannot simply claim the items were not received because the shipment is tracked and items left at your door can be verified by the freight carrier. If you were provided a tracking number you are responsible to be prepared to receive the items in the time window given.

If the shipper obtains aditional insurance, requests proof of delivery, or the value exceeds the automatic coverage the freight carrier will require you to sign for the delivery.

I don't sweat the small stuff and $40 is definitely small stuff. Besides, if it's stolen off your doorstep you just call and say you never received it and they replace it.
Regardless I don't want anything stolen from me. The cost was more than $40. I get it. Lifestyles of the rich and famous.

Reactions: ittigger
OK .. but not much more ...
Still the point is who wants anything stolen from them? It doesn't matter if it cost a dollar or a thousand dollars. I still don't want someone stealing something that belongs to me.

Still the point is who wants anything stolen from them? It doesn't matter if it cost a dollar or a thousand dollars. I still don't want someone stealing something that belongs to me.
For UPS, either have a seller send packages with signature required, or sign up for UPS My Choice, which allows you to change schedules and even where a package gets delivered to.

For FedEx, the have a similar program called FedEx Delivery Manager.

I believe there is no cost for most of the services.

For items delivered by the Post Office .. not much you can do unless the sender required signature delivery.

Unfortunately, delivery signatures cost the sender money, so most won't add it unless you are paying for it.

Didn't bring the lights because I didn't bring the lighted facade. Didn't make sense to bring the lights and just have a few to use.

The sad part is that the lady making the bride's dress got robbed and they took her original dress. So the person had to rush to make her another dress. She looked very nice..

You apparently have wanted your stuff stolen a couple of times, if I recall correctly. Using your van as a storage shed was just asking for your stuff to get stolen.

Last edited:
I've never had anything stolen when UPS left stuff on my porch. But I used to get so much stuff delivered that I actually know my UPS driver. Occasionally they will leave the packages at the UPS access point where you can go down during the day and pick it up. I don't know how widespread that is. What did happen before was they left a expensive video projector in the backyard and then it rained. It was in a road case but the case wasn't water tight. It cost them over $3000 to fix it which they paid. Later I realized that would be impossible to sell off at a later date as who would pay anything for something which had been left the rain even it was fixed. I selloff most of my obsolete equipment. I actually save the original boxes and packing which increases the value and makes shipping easy. Luckily after I finished using it in front line use I made some good money renting it out. Now it just sits in storage.

So you got the lights and you're pissed that they maybe could have gotten stolen but didn't?!
My head hurts.
Sounds like you should be thankful--your lights arrived!
So you got the lights and you're pissed that they maybe could have gotten stolen but didn't?!
My head hurts.
Sounds like you should be thankful--your lights arrived!
I wasn't worried about the lights not arriving. I got them from Ebay and I have never had a issue with anything not arriving from Ebay. They are great.

Now I got to get the van back. It got towed while at the reception. Should get it back on Monday.

Get the van back? You had a breakdown on the way to a gig?
No break down on the way to the event. Parked in a handicap spot that I thought was OK but wasn't. The 2 signs had numbers on them and the third didn't. So I thought it was OK to park in the third sign. Find out they are all together. Find out the cost tomorrow. Also might be getting a ticket as well. Got to wait and see.