Generators (again)

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Oh...It's a 10 inch Sub...Well, if I were using ADJ 8 GO BT or 10 inch Powered Pyle Speakers, I guess a 10 inch battery powered Sub would compliment those nicely. It might provide enough bass for dancing at a wedding along with those 10 inch pyle speakers. Hook up a power inverter to keep them going once batteries get low. Should be able to provide sound for a 5 to 6 hour event by doing this!

Put 4 ADJ GO Tri Par Lights on a light stand, and set them to sound active, or DMX, and that is your light show! NO WIRES!

Now we just need a battery powered Mixer, and battery powered wireless microphone systems. Didn't Shure have a line of Mic receviers that were battery powered?
Behringer Xenyx 1002B .. battery powered mixer .. I had an earlier version many years ago ... Behringer Xenyx 1002B Mixer

1002B_P0A04_Right_L.png

Behringer Xenyx 1002B .. battery powered mixer .. I had an earlier version many years ago ... Behringer Xenyx 1002B Mixer

1002B_P0A04_Right_L.png

Not bad! It would be nice if it had a 2nd RCA Input, and XLR outputs though, but certainly workable. One laptop, one battery powered mixer, that Carvin battery powered Sub, 2 ADJ 8 Go BT speakers, and you have a anywhere sound system for parties and weddings under 150 guests. Bring a inverter for extra power for longer gigs. Battery powered Up Lights for lighting, and there you go.

Not bad! It would be nice if it had a 2nd RCA Input, and XLR outputs though, but certainly workable. One laptop, one battery powered mixer, that Carvin battery powered Sub, 2 ADJ 8 Go BT speakers, and you have a anywhere sound system for parties and weddings under 150 guests. Bring a inverter for extra power for longer gigs. Battery powered Up Lights for lighting, and there you go.
Sounds like a plan, though I would prefer these over the ADJ (which I own): S600B Battery powered 150W(Mono) / 400W(Stereo) Portable Column Array System

I haven't heard the sub, but these sound pretty good. Heard them at MBLV 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan, though I would prefer these over the ADJ (which I own): S600B Battery powered 150W(Mono) / 400W(Stereo) Portable Column Array System

I haven't heard the sub, but these sound pretty good. Heard them at MBLV 2 years ago.

Yeah, those would certainly work, and I'm sure sound much better than the ADJ speakers. BUT, at $799 each speaker, that is a serious investment just to be wireless, and not have to worry about power anywhere. ...How often do those gigs actually occur? I haven't even encountered one.

However,

what would be cool is if they created a bluetooth battery powered mixer. Run a completely battery powered WIRELESS set up with no wires. Then have all battery powered lighting with no wires...Other DJs couldn't bitch about seeing any cables in the set up LOL

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I wish they came out with serious battery powered mini moving head lights and lighting effects....That would truly eliminate the need for power cables, and we can EASILY put together a wireless, Very Clean looking set up on a light stand. I want that to happen!
The problem is the motors require a lot of power so the batteries would have to be huge to last any amount of time

The problem is the motors require a lot of power so the batteries would have to be huge to last any amount of time
You just fly in one like this and you're good ...

17169090.jpg

Things sure seem expensive in Tennessee! I recently checked into renting the Honda 2000. I was told it would be $30 per day.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Yeah, $30 is pretty cheap. The Honda 2000 is a $1000 unit and 5-7% of cost to rent for something with maintenance is typical.