Friend gives me the deal of a lifetime!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
No they are not stolen. I have watched this guy use them before. He has plenty of gear. We've been friends over 10 years. He's the same DJ who was selling some JBL powered speakers. He just simply wanted them gone so he can clear some space.

He bought those speakers from Sin-o-rama sound located in Totawa, NJ. He bought them when the owner was still alive. Really nice guy. My friend was messed up when I told him the owner died.
$500-$750 would be "getting rid of them at a friend's price" ... Either he's loaded or looney.

$500-$750 would be "getting rid of them at a friend's price" ... Either he's loaded or looney.
Neither. He gets plenty of work. Tunes you may not think that much of those speakers and that's your choice. I say they are a great pair of speakers. Certainly nobody has any complaints about them at an event.

Let me say they are much better than the JBL JRX 125 speakers I sold years ago.

I know they aren't the lightest speakers made but they sure are some of the best made! Besides we have a hand truck to move them. Now all jokes aside what about the deal he gave me?
Good score bro! That’s going to give you 6o inches of bottom end,,,, find 2 good amps and run them in bridged 4 ohm. Not gut wrenching, but clean tight accurate low end if paired with the right amps!

I don’t know what you were using for bottom end, but that has got to be an upgrade as far as driver displacement.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Good score bro! That’s going to give you 6o inches of bottom end,,,, find 2 good amps and run them in bridged 4 ohm. Not gut wrenching, but clean tight accurate low end if paired with the right amps!

I don’t know what you were using for bottom end, but that has got to be an upgrade as far as driver displacement.
We have a pair of Earthquakes and Yorkville 801p subs.

We have a pair of Earthquakes and Yorkville 801p subs.
Oh. Yea, I looked at them, they are a full range speaker! I thought they were dual 15 sub! Put them in the back seat of your car, facing the windows And ride around playing some beasty boys “ no sleep til brooklin” or “Paul revere” then some Run dmc “ dumb girls”. Remember those bass songs from the 80’s.

Pass by Bunny and Tigre cause they like the cars 🚗 that go 💥 boom. 😎

Those are better than some Jensen Triax II’s laying on the back dash.

Haha I’m jus picking at ya! I did have some like that but they were the peavey sp2’s. Someone gave them to my brother And we gave them away just like your buddy! But wait he got 50 bucks, so you both did pretty good!

Last edited:
Reactions: MIXMASTERMACHOM
Mix remember were not getting any younger, don't forget you gotta lug those things around. Everyday my equipment gets heaver and heaver and my body is saying owwwwwwwww

Reactions: Jeff Romard
If someone offered them to me at that price, I'd buy them as long as I knew they weren't stolen. I'd be very suspicious of sometime selling them that cheap. Seeing them use it doesn't mean they aren't stolen. The is a reason he's letting them go fur $50

But the only reason I'd buy them is to sell them for a profit.

The last thing I need for my business today is big bulky speakers.

I prefer much more easy to transport equipment. In the rare occasion that I need more, I can easily rent/borrow more or bigger equipment.

Yes I have a rnr cart, but that's so I can bring everything in at one time. Every piece is light. It makes set up and tear down easier and less expensive.

Last edited:
That’s going to give you 6o inches of bottom end

Had a girlfriend like that once ;)

Mix the price was awesome...too awesome to be real. If you got those beasts go list them on Kijjiji or Craigslist for $700 and take the first offer over $500 make yourself some money. They won't do any more for you than what you have