First DJ set up ?s

Discussion in 'DJ Gear' started by TinyTim, Nov 19, 2017.

1. TwinSpinDJ

TwinSpinDJ Up-lighting

Taso...I've always advocated getting the best quality speakers; RCF ART 200A (12") and RCF 800A (15" subwoofer) since 1999. Downsized in 2016 from Yorkville powered to EVOX 8. It was tough going from NX750P (15") and LS801P 18" sub to the smaller EVOX 8. When you get over 70 years under your belt, things do get harder to lift (single operator). Like your setup. What is the average number of people serviced by your system?

ittigger likes this.
  2. Handinon

Handinon DJ Extraordinaire

Agree
    What a pleasure following a thread advocating full range, great sounding systems!!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    ittigger likes this.
  3. djtaso

djtaso DJ Extraordinaire

I was never aware of rcf's quality until I actually blindly purchased them upon a couple of recommendations, and I absolutely was amazed with their potential. This is coming from a guy who used passive peavey tops and jbl jrx and prx subs, moved onto the qsc k12 and kw181 combo for 6 yrs, to the qsc kla12 and kw181 combo for 2 years or so, and now the rcf line I have. I also had a lot of experience with the yorkville line array system which I liked, but felt that this was better for my needs and look branding wise.

I primarily purchased them because of their supposed amazing sound and volume capability, as my events can range anywhere from a 75 person sweet 16 to a 300 person wedding to a 500 person teen dance. Under all circumstances, I never had an issue adjusting the sound accordingly. I bought an xlr splitter for the inputs and outputs of the sub (they only have 1 input and output), so that for small events I only need 1 sub (yes I know its mono), and have the tops dialed back. For larger events I crank it up.

4. dunlopj

dunlopj DJ Extraordinaire

Alert...alert....a teachable moment here boys and girls...

ittigger likes this.
  5. Albatross

Albatross DJ Extraordinaire

That's a lot of why I went RCF as well. I don't quite have the bad ass rig you do, but I'm using my KW-181 to supplement the low end for larger gigs and that seems to be working well.

TwinSpinDJ, steve149 and ittigger like this.
  6. djtaso

djtaso DJ Extraordinaire

I was considering that route at first till I realized the qsc subs don’t have built in crossovers, and then figured I might as wel just upgrade since there were a few rooms and events where I could’ve used some extra output.