First dance fireworks

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

anzyxx

DJ Extraordinaire
Jul 22, 2007
GTA
Hi there!

Have anyone already purchased those cold spark firework machines from China?
Just had a couple requests for this year and trying to find out more about quality.
Can't afford units for $3000 each from US.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnNfDCMK6q4

I'm predicting it's going be a big hit for 2018/2019 season, after that EVERYONE will own them.

Hey Taso, are you using the same thing?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_5mP68oX7c

I can probably charge around 500 per 2. The cost has to be similar to the dry ice...
That's why I can only afford the clone.
I don’t have em because of the high startup cost. But I am considering adding them for this year. Don’t forget the granules are very expensive too. Each machine needs about $50 worth of granules per event.

Anyone hearing that the legality of these are in question? I've heard talk of some considering them to be a pyrotechnic.

Reactions: Albatross
Anyone hearing that the legality of these are in question? I've heard talk of some considering them to be a pyrotechnic.
Will all come down to the venues. A lot of the original guys around here who had these had to bring In fire Marshall’s prior to the event to approve it... which all did. Now that they’re so common, around here at least, venues aren’t having an issue.

Reactions: awalker19
$18,000 for the whole equipment package, plus one of those small bags of dust cost $80 each (which last 2 weddings) all to produce a pretty underwhelming ""SAFE" sparkler effect?

...OKAY...

I've seen much better shows out of $7.99 fountain style fire works...Just saying.

Reactions: anzyxx
I spoke to the fire marshall's office here locally, and they were asking about a UL Listing and potentially for a demo. I believe Sparkular makes the "legit" ones, and the rest are coming from China.

I tried to get some info on the LumiBlast that Eternal has out, but last I heard they were stuck on backorder or having a production issue...

If I can get them implemented, I will... but I'm skeptical on being able to use them freely.

They are quite safe. I would say that dry ice is more dangerous because of gas and low temperature.

$18,000 for the whole equipment package, plus one of those small bags of dust cost $80 each (which last 2 weddings) all to produce a pretty underwhelming ""SAFE" sparkler effect?

...OKAY...

I've seen much better shows out of $7.99 fountain style fire works...Just saying.
LOL, I have purchased my battery operating uplights in 2014. Just check my posts. This time you can be first to offer something new. Cheers.

I know they are cold spark but I have bad visions of the Great White club incident repeating itself.

How are these units classified? If they are considered pyrotechnics, you had better consult your insurance broker because if they are classified as such, I'm pretty sure your standard dj insurance won't cover you for liability in case of an incident.

Last edited:
Reactions: ittigger