First Behringer Failure

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

prodjay

DJ Extraordinaire
Dec 13, 2009
Bossier, Louisiana
Well it took over 10 years of using Behringer mixer to have my first problem.

I had the right side of a stereo channel die today.

Now I will be looking for a new mixer with USB capability.

Reactions: ittigger
Well it took over 10 years of using Behringer mixer to have my first problem.

I had the right side of a stereo channel die today.

Now I will be looking for a new mixer with USB capability.
DJ or live sound? I owned many Behringer mixers over the years .. 7 or 8 .. and have had issues with half of them, so you lucked out.

For a live sound type mixer, I highly recommend the Allen&Heath ZED series,Yamaha, Soundcraft, and Mackie. I've owned all but the Mackie. I still use the Allen&Heath ZED12FX.

For DJ mixers, there are too many to list and it depends on whether you want a mixer or mixer/controller.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Depending on budget and # of mic channels you need, I really like the ZED12FX. 6 mic channels, 3 dual stereo channels (each has 2 separately controllable inputs). USB in/out. Quality effects built in.

ZED-12FX_Front.jpg

If you're comfortable with Digital, I might also check out the QSC Touchmix mixers.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Haven't played with the Signature series, but I've owned 3 Soundcraft mixers and they were all solid units.

Depending on budget and # of mic channels you need, I really like the ZED12FX. 6 mic channels, 3 dual stereo channels (each has 2 separately controllable inputs). USB in/out. Quality effects built in.
I have also heard good things about the original ZED FX series, because of the sliding frequency control on the mid range EQ.
Do you actually use that?

I have also heard good things about the original ZED FX series, because of the sliding frequency control on the mid range EQ.
Do you actually use that?
I have for some singers (mainly female voices) .. can't tell too much from a bar singer though .. :) Still a nice feature to have. I did do a small band with it after I sold my larger boards (had to use a Rane mono mixer to submix the drums to get enough channels). The sweepable mid helped a little with the guitars (able to clean up the upper mid tone). Only downside is it's larger than I'd like since it has 100mm faders and has the I/O on the top as well. Moving to a Behringer X-Air XR12 for my small system and only use the A&H for small live sound needs.

Reactions: ittigger