EV speaker identify

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

prodjay

DJ Extraordinaire
Dec 13, 2009
Bossier, Louisiana
Can someone help me identify this Ev Speaker?

It is installed about 20 feet up on a poll at the College where my son plays baseball and is in need of new drivers.

This school has almost no budget for things like this so I told the coach that I would look and see about what it would cost to replace the drivers.
LsusSpeaker.jpg

Attachments

• Sx300PI_PIX_EDS.pdf
    468.2 KB · Views: 4
You're going to have to take it down to replace the driver, so your best bet is to take it down and then find the model number on the back if it's still visible. Depending on how long they've been up there though, it may be more cost-effective to replace the speakers entirely. Once you open up one of those, all bets about their weather-resistance are off.

My guess it'll be $250 for a woofer and horn (if both are needed) and it'll cost $800-$900 for a new speaker. Unlikely to get good used ones .. especially if they were used outside.

Reactions: sonic-vision
That seems like a PITA to repair. ....Also, all colleges have plenty of money in reserves these days. It's not that they don't have the money. It's just that leadership refuses to allocate funds for Audio/PA repairs/upgrades when they write up the budget every year.

I would not fork out any of my own money to fix it. It's not a charity organization.

Reactions: B-Sharp
How do you know the issue is a driver?
..and who has the authority to authorize anyone to get up there and fix it? The city/town is ultimatey liable for anyone working on their property- even for free. You can't just run up a ladder and fix it because you want to.

It's also not necessary to replace the driver with the same brand name. If the speakers are older models than there are probably many different drivers that meet or exceed the performance of the original part at a better cost.

Reactions: djrox
Get a picture of the cabinet rear side!

Look circa 1990s, early 2ks, but that is a pure guess based on the logo emblem.

...colleges have plenty of money in reserves these days. It's not that they don't have the money. It's just that leadership refuses to allocate funds for Audio/PA repairs/upgrades when they write up the budget every year.

I would not fork out any of my own money to fix it. It's not a charity organization.

&

..and who has the authority to authorize anyone to get up there and fix it? The city/town is ultimatey liable for anyone working on their property- even for free. You can't just run up a ladder and fix it because you want to.
...and that too!

The college may not own that equipment (leased) or if they do they may be under contract with the installer regarding service and repairs and not want to pay that labor for only a small job.

It's not working because the coach and the athletic department don't care about it. I don't know any school or college that doesn't reflexively throw money at anything the athletioc department really wants.