Downloaded Music- NOW

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Have you checked the bitrate on the file? 192 (CD quality) doesn't sound as good as 320 and can certainly add noise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ittigger
I recently copied a boatload of my mp3's onto a thumb drive for my car.
I noticed a lot of them have digital noise(s)...that are NOT on the original.
It may have something to do with downloading more than one song at a time.

Mike, I'd listen to a few of the mp3 tracks from where you downloaded them from (your HD) and see if they have that noise.

Reactions: Ausumm and ittigger
Mike, I'd listen to a few of the mp3 tracks from where you downloaded them from (your HD) and see if they have that noise.

They don't.
I play many of these songs at gigs (from other hard drives)
and the noises are not there.
They are only on the thumb drive.
In fact, this is the second thumb drive I made for my car...
and the noises are on different songs.

Reactions: dunlopj
They don't. They are only on the thumb drive. In fact, this is the second thumb drive I made for my car...and the noises are on different songs.

Hmmm....really odd....

How about putting a few of those noisy tracks on your phone and play therm via Bluetooth in your car and see if they make noise being played with that method?

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
The noises are on the files.
On several occasions, I "rewinded" the song and heard the same noise at the same spot in the song.
I'm not concerned about it....it only happens on the thumb drives....
not on any of my DJ hard drives.

Files copied digitally should render an identical copy... with identical noise or no noise. Sounds more like it's the player, to me. I'd get a file comparison tool like ExamDiff, and put your thumb drive in the PC where your original files are, and do a digital compare. If there's no DIFF, it's your player.

ExamDiff - The freeware visual file compare tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried to redownload and test through multiple devices? Is it one song - or all songs? On the MBP, you could test through Serato and through iTunes and through built in speakers as well as headphones.
Will try my backup devices. Only a few tracks do that.

Files copied digitally should render an identical copy... with identical noise or no noise. Sounds more like it's the player, to me. I'd get a file comparison tool like ExamDiff, and put your thumb drive in the PC where your original files are, and do a digital compare. If there's no DIFF, it's your player.

ExamDiff - The freeware visual file compare tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually hearing the noise on a few differnt sources. I'm starting to think it's a crappy recording. I will try my backup laptop tonight, but the noise is audible on my primary macbook pro, iphone, and ipad...

If you can hear it in multiple pieces of equipment and through multiple configurations (built in speakers, headphones, etc), then it's not the equipment.

Reactions: OmniaDMP