Don't ya hate it when...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

IceBurghDJ

DJ Extraordinaire
Apr 17, 2015
Western Pennsylvania
iceburghdj.com
Do the Amish have DJs?

This morning I went to use my laptop (win 10) and it was 'updating'...argh. Used my backup, fine.
It finishes updating and it doesn't like my password. WTF?

Well, remember those 'free' album from MS, via Groove, last week? To use groove you need win10...ok, I got groove on the win10 machine and while I could log into MS music or whatever it's called, i couldn't see the songs/ album. OK, reboot maybe?

So i guess the end result was the update..now to log into my win10 laptop I need to use my Groove password...wtf?

Well..later today I'll go see if the songs are there..but i'm too pissed right now at MS to bother. Why change my laptop/windows password?????

More tech scary shit...

I had to go to a funeral home last night for a viewing. Googled on my desktop the name/address of the place. "Oh, yeah, I've driven past that" so I go.
I get there and no, not right place...so I grab my phone (android) and go to the 'ok google' screen..and there is a list of suggested searches..with the funeral home's name right at the top...WTF? Turns out is was 2 blocks away..yeah, lots of dead people in that little town I guess.

I then to go to a bar where my son is playing his first gig with his friends, pull out my phone to text and there on the home screen is the bar with reviews/website/menu...

Horses don't have GPS? Barns don't have wifi?
Is it too late to go off grid and be Amish?

Reactions: DjDennis
Ironic, I live near Amish country and my moms neighbors are Amish. This past fall they had a wedding in one of their green houses. It was beautifully decorated, but no music. Instead of dancing all night, they play volleyball.

A lot of our US distributors are Amish. We have a lot of Amish customers too. I'd say about 90% of all the work horse harnesses in the USA are made with BioThane. I visit Amish harnesses shops a lot. Some are starting to use wifi and computers, but strictly for business only.

A lot of people don't realize that Amish don't have a national church, or any church buildings for that matter. Each church diststrict decides things on their own. They often seek advice from other districts, but some don't communicate at all. any money they raise is to help people in their community or poor people elsewhere. One of our distributors kids went on a mission trip to Africa.

Children don't get baptized until they are about 16-19 and make the decision and commitment to their church.

Some don't allow telephones, some do. Some allow solar electric or generator, gas powered farm equipment some still only use horsepower. When there are unresolved disputes, some split off and start another church district.

Many people believe the Amish don't pay taxes. They do. They are exempt from social security and workers comp because they don't take any, but they pay taxes like everyone else.

Ok, today's Amish class is over.

all I will say is I aint ever using Spotify, Groove, iTunes or any other online service 98% of the stuff there is on a proper digital download service - we have that in Australia

when you get 'free downloads' and all you need it so load groove, which replaces the included windows media player, didn't seem like a big deal. Free as in I now own the songs.

I get most of my songs off iTunes - convenience and I can get an itunes card from a local grocer and often get 10-20c off a gallon of gas for every $50 card.
Bought a card this week - $50 card, so I'll save 10c a gallon, $2.50 or so on my next fil up PLUS it was on sale.. I paid $42 for it.. so overall 20% off iTunes music.