Doing separate sites tomorrow (whine)

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
That's exactly it. While I admit, we have our share of lower-class clients, we also have lots of middle-class and upper-class individuals as well. Very few of them want their material locked down and most take it as a compliment when some of their pics get featured on our social media postings. Keep in mind also that we don't do like most photographers who deliver most of their shots taken. We cull hard and usually only deliver 10%-20% of the shots taken. From everything I've seen from our past clients, we must be choosing correctly as it's very rare to ever get a bride complaining about the shots chosen. We will, on occasion, get one asking about some specific shot(s) that didn't make the cut. In those cases, my wife will usually fudge a bit on her standards and edit/deliver a few additional.

our photographer took around 6000 photos ...we received a few hundred...i think thats standard practice...

im glad its working for you...im just baffled after knowing how my wife and apparently Taso's wife felt about their photos...

i could care less about the photos personally... but as i sit here thinking about the situation...if my photographers had treated our gallery the way you guys do...id be fuming... one or two amazing shots...personally approved by us...should be all you ever post anywhere...

im baffled Rick

cc

our photographer took around 6000 photos ...we received a few hundred...i think thats standard practice...

im glad its working for you...im just baffled after knowing how my wife and apparently Taso's wife felt about their photos...

i could care less about the photos personally... but as i sit here thinking about the situation...if my photographers had treated our gallery the way you guys do...id be fuming... one or two amazing shots...personally approved by us...should be all you ever post anywhere...

im baffled Rick

cc
Yeah idk if I'll go that far as to say that we wouldn't want the photog to post ANY photos, and especially without our approval. He did post photos of our wedding days after and we were thrilled to see them as we waited for the gallery to be completed. However, the photos he posted were never close ups. I do have to say though, that my wife was nervous after seeing the first one, and said "omg i hope he doesn't post anything where I look bad". But of course, he was conscious of making sure it was nothing that one would find a problem with. For example, here are what he did post (their screenshots so excuse the quality):

1539719535057.png1539719549121.png1539719558253.png1539719575291.png

im baffled Rick

cc

Keep something in mind, we do not post all shots to social media. We DO post all shots to zenfolio.com, which is our method for electronic delivery. While the galleries are publicly available, you'd have to know the URL to get at them. We typically post singles to social media and batches only if/when a client approves.

Hope everything turned out great .. and congrats!
Thank's Tigger, yes, once the rain cleared out, it was a nice wedding they had, I am currently working on the video for them.
D1VSJT3.jpg

I am in there somewhere( I know where lol)

Sorry Rick, not trying to hijack your thread my friend.

Nothing a good Photoshopper couldn’t fix.[emoji1]...

2f6c7a48c3aca5b4cdae64a9f39a7fe2.jpg

1ae65c1d50756df86bd02edeaded1f02.jpg
You were supposed to keep the original under wrap ... now SETi will be on my arse ....

If we're talking about photo shop... we haven't gotten that far in the process yet. We just received all our digital photos with basic touching up. We then choose 100 photos for the album, and those photos will be the ones that get heavily edited... color corrections, blemish removals, effects, etc, etc. 1500 pics would be way too many photos to give that kind of editing time to.

If we're talking about photo shop... we haven't gotten that far in the process yet. We just received all our digital photos with basic touching up. We then choose 100 photos for the album, and those photos will be the ones that get heavily edited... color corrections, blemish removals, effects, etc, etc. 1500 pics would be way too many photos to give that kind of editing time to.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay the photog? Those shots you posted are quite stunning.

im baffled Rick

cc

We generally take 2,500-3500 and deliver 400-500, on average.

I was guessing $5k-$7k. Whoever that photographer is, they're a monster and you guys were the perfect subjects.
Here's his instagram where you can see many of his pics... Philip Siciliano Photography (@philip_siciliano) • Instagram photos and videos - (https://www.instagram.com/philip_siciliano/)
I could give you his website, but there's not much there since he's all word of mouth like I am. His site is minimal as it's pretty much used strictly as a contact portal.

Reactions: djcrazychris
Here's his instagram where you can see many of his pics... Philip Siciliano Photography (@philip_siciliano) • Instagram photos and videos - (https://www.instagram.com/philip_siciliano/)
I could give you his website, but there's not much there since he's all word of mouth like I am. His site is minimal as it's pretty much used strictly as a contact portal.

You don't have to, I know the name. Wifey follows a bunch of these high-end photogs. That guy is a monster.