Do you post awards in your footer?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Whether they're worth any money for that can still be up for debate.

That's the downfall of being a copywriter....
It takes me a paragraph and a half...
to make a point that normal people can make in one sentence.

Reactions: ittigger
If you want to call a certain number of client review to qualify a participation trophy... knock yourself out. If you want to call a free listing an advertisement, sweet. You're trying to pick apart the semantics, and I don't think it's adding any value.

I don't have certainty of positive impact. It was a thesis, and it's something I'm trying. I was opening it up to this group to see if anyone had feedback or their own anecdotes from having done something similar.

My goal was never to build consensus. But you decided to take issue with the industry accolades themselves versus just whether the footer is an appropriate place to display them.

You're attempting to speak for me, and frankly I can speak for myself.
You asked for feedback. You got it. You don't like it. So, you're trying to re-frame it as something else.

I don't take issue with "industry accolades." I'm telling you these are not "accolades" and you'll look foolish pretending that they are. Use a text link to your reviews, which are accolades. Being fake has gone out of style. Sure, you can find fake on the racks at all the discount stores but, that's probably not where you want to be.

That's not me/us.

EDIT: Oops, that is us. I'd forgotten about it but I originally setup a separate WW account, which I intended to use for the photography side of the biz. I spoke with my account rep. and they let me change categories on the main page, which has the biggest number of reviews. We're currently around 120-130 reviews. Thanks for the reminder. I need to find a way to nuke that one.

Inked my 8th contract in January this morning. 8 inquiries, and 8 bookings. The early indicators do not seem to look like my footer is hurting me :djsmug:

Inked my 8th contract in January this morning. 8 inquiries, and 8 bookings. The early indicators do not seem to look like my footer is hurting me :djsmug:

I was thinking about booking you JUST BECAUSE of those awards in your footer. Only thing that stopped me was... I remembered I’m a DJ my own self.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't give them the credit. It was YOU who earned those bookings by your reputation and sales skills.

Don't give them the credit. It was YOU who earned those bookings by your reputation and sales skills.

Rick, I appreciate the kind words. My post was intended to be tongue in cheek because of how hostile this thread eventually got. I certainly don't credit the footer for the recent string of wins.

Rick, I appreciate the kind words. My post was intended to be tongue in cheek because of how hostile this thread eventually got. I certainly don't credit the footer for the recent string of wins.

I understand. For what it's worth, I side with you. The awards can't hurt, it's just questionable exactly how much they actually do help these days. It actually makes me chuckle whenever I see vendors, trumpeting about their great WW award. I'm usually thinking to myself, "Does anybody actually buy this crap any more?"

Congrats on your bookings. I'm hoping 2019 is going to be a good year.

... The awards can't hurt, it's just questionable exactly how much they actually do help these days. It actually makes me chuckle whenever I see vendors, trumpeting about their great WW award. I'm usually thinking to myself, "Does anybody actually buy this crap any more?"...

It makes YOU chuckle because you know something about how those awards are awarded, but NORMAL people (non-DJ’s) don’t have a clue, and are pretty unlikely to take the time to find out. So they might help influence some prospects, but likely don’t detract. I say keep ‘em in the footer.[emoji4]

Just remember that for $19.95 you can add the ODJT Label to your footer ... and don't forget our classic jingle:

Look for the ODJT label
when you are shopping for music or lights.
Remember somewhere, our DJs are spinning,
playing songs that hopefully limit the fights.
We work hard, but who's complaining?
Thanks to ODJT we're playing our way!
So always look for the ODJT label,
it says we're able to make it in the U.S.A. (and Canada, and Mexico, and Australia, and New Zealand, and ...)!

edit ** I just found out another group stole our jingle ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lg4gGk53iY&feature=youtu.be&t=21

Last edited:
Just remember that for $19.95 you can add the ODJT Label to your footer ... and don't forget our classic jingle:

Look for the ODJT label
when you are shopping for music or lights.
Remember somewhere, our DJs are spinning,
playing songs that hopefully limit the fights.
We work hard, but who's complaining?
Thanks to ODJT we're playing our way!
So always look for the ODJT label,
it says we're able to make it in the U.S.A. (and Canada, and Mexico, and Australia, and New Zealand, and ...)!

edit ** I just found out another group stole our jingle ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lg4gGk53iY&feature=youtu.be&t=21

This has me wanting to go out and join the DJ’s Union. Higher Rates, safer conditions, shorter hours, paid benefits... ‘til all the DJ jobs go to juke boxes and streaming services.[emoji1]

This has me wanting to go out and join the DJ’s Union. Higher Rates, safer conditions, shorter hours, paid benefits... ‘til all the DJ jobs go to juke boxes and streaming services.[emoji1]

Since you ditched the Altos, you can even join the "Professional DJ" union ... ;)