DMX or NOT to DMX

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I wonder if LightRider works with the DMXKing dongle? I'll give it a try this week.
It says only the NicoLaudie ones (SunLite, SUSHI, etc.) .. but it would be nice if it did. It does work with the DMXKing Art-Net ones, but then there is a comment that there will be an additional charge for that next year.

Reactions: ittigger
IFFFF ... I can get it to work .. :) ... Trying to find a micro to mini-USB cable .. .that also has a means of connecting to power to charge the tablet and run the Sushi .. is proving difficult. The cable is easy, but not sure I can use it without power, as it'll drain the tablet in no time with it also powering the dongle. I wish it worked with the iPad USB adapter.

My Android tablet would need an adapter as well.
Did you find the adapter...or is there a dongle out there that has a micro USB outlet?

The good news is, that if you charge your tablet to 100% before the gig...
you should only really need to use for the dancing portion...
that that greatly reduces the run time on the battery.
(for a 5-hour wedding, you might only use it for 3 hours)

Something else I thought of...
does LightRider remember your settings?
Or do you start from scratch every time you use it?

My Android tablet would need an adapter as well.
Did you find the adapter...or is there a dongle out there that has a micro USB outlet?

The good news is, that if you charge your tablet to 100% before the gig...
you should only really need to use for the dancing portion...
that that greatly reduces the run time on the battery.
(for a 5-hour wedding, you might only use it for 3 hours)

Something else I thought of...
does LightRider remember your settings?
Or do you start from scratch every time you use it?
Haven't ordered it yet, but found this on Amazon ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LTHBCNM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ASWLYDSI8L1M1&psc=1

Power input .. 3 USB ports (though I only need 1).

Reactions: Ausumm
Steve, you can't use power input and USB hub at the same time, unfortunately.
Are you sure? It says:
  • One power USB port can connect original charger to supply power for flash disk, card reader, mouse, keyboard and so on
Seems to say it supports power plus peripheral connection. If it powers a mouse or keyboard, it should be able to power the SUSHI.

Just quoting from the question / answer section on that listing page. If you look at it and zoom in, there is a switch to change it from feeding the power or USB hub. You are independently wealthy, buy one and try it out. :)
For $8, I may buy it anyway ... another website had this:

Working States:

1. Support most Android models Support Galaxy S2, for Samsung Galaxy Note, for Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5, GALAXY Tab3 8.0, Sony Xperia NX-02D, Sony Xperia acro HDIS12S,and Sony S-series Tablet. Other Android models.
2. OTG USB HUB data exchange or charging mode USB interface can be connected to the U disk, mouse, keyboard, gamepad, printers and other USB devices simultaneously. When the switch is in "Charge",achieved through an external power supply to charge the phone function. When the switch is placed" OTG ", the phone can read three external USB devices simultaneously.
3. Charging mode and data exchange mode can work simultaneously It works only for some models of for Samsung,as for Samung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note3, ThinkPad 8. When it is in this case, you must place the switch to "Charge".

Light Rider told me that this is the least expensive compatible dongle, the Sushi-DS.

https://www.dmxsoft.com/

Sushi-DS - YouTube

They said my DMX King dongle wouldn't work but I'll have to give it a try in the next week or two, when I'm done with my Xmas parties.
That is what I have , so I would need to get some adapters for it correct ?

I was going to order the Sushi on Amazon....
(since I got a bunch of gift cards for Xmas)
but it seems Amazon isn't carrying it.

I am thinking of using LightRider or Freestyler....
so will pretty much ANY dongle work?