DJ Facade

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
And I used to have hair ..
So judging by your recent replies regarding colour and loss of insulation, and by the very definition that a facade is designed to hide things you don't want seen...................I'm assuming your choice of facade would be a black toque?
1521677435830.png

Reactions: ittigger
So judging by your recent replies regarding colour and loss of insulation, and by the very definition that a facade is designed to hide things you don't want seen...................I'm assuming your choice of facade would be a black toque?
View attachment 33884
I don't use a facade .. I prefer to go "au naturel" .. :)

If you had YOUR choice, what would be your PREFERRED facade color and material?

Would you prefer a WHITE PADDED and tufted facade like Taso's, or would you prefer a fabric facade in white, black, or some other color? What about plastic panels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the plush tufted look, but I went with black which suits way more of my events. I would also really like to have a rustic wood facade, but I can't find a way to do it without making it really heavy. Black or rustic would fit 99% of the weddings I do. But for now I'll just use the black or still set my gear on a table top.

I like the plush tufted look, but I went with black which suits way more of my events. I would also really like to have a rustic wood facade, but I can't find a way to do it without making it really heavy. Black or rustic would fit 99% of the weddings I do. But for now I'll just use the black or still set my gear on a table top.
By rustic, what exactly do you mean? I don't think I've see one I would call rustic, but it sounds like it would fit the type of events I do in Oklahoma. Rustic is kinda what we are here.:laugh:

By rustic, what exactly do you mean? I don't think I've see one I would call rustic, but it sounds like it would fit the type of events I do in Oklahoma. Rustic is kinda what we are here.:laugh:

Something like this...

7E782ADC-E4C3-4D64-9946-437F6E3EFD22.jpeg

I do a lot of barn and vineyard weddings where something like that would be perfect. Most of my DC and city weddings the black plush is ideal.

Reactions: dunlopj
By rustic, what exactly do you mean? I don't think I've see one I would call rustic, but it sounds like it would fit the type of events I do in Oklahoma. Rustic is kinda what we are here.[emoji23]

Something like this...

View attachment 33885

I do a lot of barn and vineyard weddings where something like that would be perfect. Most of my DC and city weddings the black plush is ideal.

Doesn't look too difficult to make. With large enough casters, you could move one like the one pictured in and out of most places. You could even make it almost self-contained, by carrying your speakers on the lower shelf along with a bag or two (some lights, perhaps), then you could load some other gear on the top shelf, and just roll the whole thing in and set up.[emoji4] It wouldn't really be much different than rolling in a Rock-N-Roller cart with all your gear loaded on it.

Or... you could make a folding facade with a similar look, but if you wanted lighter weight, you could use faux barn wood attached to light weight panels; something like this...

Wall Design 3/8 in. x 22 in. x 96 in. Rustic Faux Barn Wood Hampton Embossed Panel-PANH468R - The Home Depot

... Looks like maybe a few hours of work to me.[emoji4] Maybe a couple hundred dollars in materials to build a folding version. Not much more for a non-folding version.

Every facade I've seen on the market is too high. I'd like one about 36" high if I ever get another one.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Every facade I've seen on the market is too high. I'd like one about 36" high if I ever get another one.

Interesting. Why 36 inches. Standard tables are 30 inches high. That only leaves a small 6 inch wall. ...Customers can reach right over that and put their drinks on your table. It won't hide much either...unless your goal is that you want them to see you mix easily. I guess if you put the 36 inch facade a good foot or more in front of your table, guests reaching over with their drinks won't be an issue.

I think the 44 to 46 inch tall ones are a good height. 48 inches seems to be a bit too tall imo. My issue with facades is transporting them. I would need a transport bag, and it would have to lay on top of all my other equipment in the back...which is stacked fairly high already. It's going to be a thicker bag than my Table Topper Facade bag too.

Something like this...

View attachment 33885

Transporting that thing would be no less than a nightmare. Especially with most of the venues in this area. The only facades I would bother with would be fordable, and weigh less than 25 lbs and can be put into a carry case.

Here is my rustic one. Yes, its a little heavy but not too bad. It folds up.

Looks NICE!!![emoji4]... Who's the little short dude standing behind it?[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two issues...

1) I'm not particularly handy, so "making one" would likely not lead to the product I want. I have other talents, but craftmanship and woodworking is not one of them.

2) Transport is the real problem for me as Ricky said. My primary vehicle for DJing is a GMC Acadia. When I have it loaded with my Evox 12s, SZ2, 4 Bose Compacts, Uplights, and my plush facade.... it's pretty full.

I have two issues...

1) I'm not particularly handy, so "making one" would likely not lead to the product I want. I have other talents, but craftmanship and woodworking is not one of them.

2) Transport is the real problem for me as Ricky said. My primary vehicle for DJing is a GMC Acadia. When I have it loaded with my Evox 12s, SZ2, 4 Bose Compacts, Uplights, and my plush facade.... it's pretty full.

Yep... You need a folding facade. I have a minivan with a ramp, so I could just roll a non-folding one into the back, as long as it was under 48" tall.[emoji4]

My backup vehicle, though, is a Subaru Outback, so I need to make sure I can fit at least one of my setups in that, just in case the minivan won't go. Never had that issue yet (knock on top of head), but that's the contingency.[emoji4]

Yep... You need a folding facade. I have a minivan with a ramp, so I could just roll a non-folding one into the back, as long as it was under 48" tall.[emoji4]

My backup vehicle, though, is a Subaru Outback, so I need to make sure I can fit at least one of my setups in that, just in case the minivan won't go. Never had that issue yet (knock on top of head), but that's the contingency.[emoji4]

If that situation ever came about, you would just end up doing the event without your facade (if it was a roll in type).

IMO Facades are more for the DJ, and not the client/guests. I don't see where a facade actually earns a DJ any more money than they would obtain by setting up on a skirted 5 or 6 foot table. ...Sure, it can be touted as part of "upping your visual game" which in theory helps you earn more money, but the facade alone doesn't change a booked gig.

This is also why I generally like Table Topper facades. Easier to transport. They do the same job a regular facade does, and I am just use to the look of a skirted table with table cover going to the floor at least with weddings. A Facade imo provides more of a Club type feel because it gives the appearance of a dedicated DJ booth.