DJ Facade

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
First impressions are more important than most of us know. And I've seen great looking DJ setups without a facade too. OTOH, there are facades that don't look good at all - mostly homemade ones.

The look of one's setup seems to be part of the art of mobile DJing. In Taso's pic above, the facade compliments the room. It's the same color as the doors and the symmetry matches the symmetry of the room. The photo conveys that this is a successful, high end DJ.

That setup wouldn't have the same effect in a VFW hall, which is good!
But whose to say it can't be done in a vfw hall... I've been hired for vfw halls, community centers, gyms, etc. But again... as you said... you convey the message of a high end dj, and chances are people won't be booking you for a basic dj service. Chances are they want you for "the full experience" with uplighting and sorts. I unfortunately don't photograph those venues much from a marketing perspective and don't have much to show in terms of pictures (the video recaps are there but they dont show the venue much).

I did find this photo though from a generic community center room that you rent for $500. Basic drop ceilings, plain white floor tiles, you set up and break down yourself etc...This setup below was from a grad party where the client at the time spent $3000 on my services.
1521815237359.png
1521815261100.png

The big area I have seen facades help is with decorators and coordinators. They can be more creative with the setup because they do not have to worry about an "ugly wire covered table" to hide. Their words, not mine. That picture of the wood one I posted at a barn. I have done several at that barn and they recommend me. The comment I get the most is that it looks like a I belong there.

Reactions: Albatross