DJ Expo 2018 - August 13-16

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Special Promo Code for the full access Pass

VIP525 ... drops pass price to $199 (normally $300 early and $400 on-site)

Booked our room at Harrah's... gonna buy pool party tickets and maybe the VIP pass for sessions, but don't think I'll get as much from it as I'd like. Still no clear information on the schedule or full speaker list, so...

OK .. another PSA DJSA ...

1 week until the FREE EXHIBIT PASSes become non-free .. so if you aren't sure or if you are .. get them before they go up !!!

Registration Page - DJ EXPO

Booked our room at Harrah's... gonna buy pool party tickets and maybe the VIP pass for sessions, but don't think I'll get as much from it as I'd like. Still no clear information on the schedule or full speaker list, so...

This is the latest email I received from them:

New Music-Tech Tutorials at DJ Expo '18
Atlantic City, N.J. — Club and mobile DJs... are you looking to make your sets more memorable, or even completely unique? Are you as musically prepared as you can be for your DJ performances?
If you have room for improvement or if you just want to get an edge on the competition, you'll want to take in this pair of information-filled DJ Expo seminars presented by DJ Adam Dutch.
At DJ Expo — set for Aug. 13-16 at Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City, N.J. — the Maryland-based performance DJ/mash-up artist will help take your sets to new heights with these two sessions:

Tuesday, August 14: Mash-Ups: Playing & Producing
Need to freshen up your live performance set? Do you have an idea for two songs that go well together, something that other DJs need to play? This seminar will teach you how to integrate pre-existing mash-ups into sets, as well as composing live mash-ups using different material. Helmed by Maryland-based DJ/mash-up artist Adam Dutch, this session will discuss production techniques, where to find source material, music theory, song-construction concepts, and a workshop-style improvised mashup production.

Wednesday, August 15: Music Theory for DJs

Are you struggling with counting beats, phrasing, and making songs sound harmonically consistent? Are you due for some next-level musical education? In this unique Expo session, Adam Dutch will explain and demonstrate how to use rhythms, key signatures, musical notes, melodies, and other music-theory concepts to improve the way you listen to music and, ultimately, how you play music. Dutch will show you how to incorporate these concepts into your toolbox of mixing skills. Some audience participation is encouraged in this workshop-style seminar.

"Going Full-Time: Making the Transition/Taking the Plunge."

"Wedding-DJ Tips: Creating Unique Moments That Last a Lifetime."

"Talking Tax: How DJs Can Take Advantage of the New Tax Law."

"How to Be the Difference Maker."

"Weddings & More: Tips to Help You Crush Your Next Event."

Monday, Aug. 13: "Intro to SEO: How to Rank Your DJ Services on Google."

Tuesday, Aug. 14: "Intro to Socials: How to Use Social Media to Generate Qualified Leads."

Wednesday, Aug. 15: "Intro to Paid Digital Ads: How to Best Use Facebook & Google Paid-Ads Products."

Thursday, Aug. 16: "Bitcoin & More: How to Earn More Per Gig by Taking Cryptocurrency as Payment."

...I am kinda laughing at the "How to earn more per gig by taking cryptocurrency as payment" Seminar. However, the other seminars look like they could provide some very useful info and insight that we now know about. ...The new Tax Law one is something I would like to know more about, and I would love to know more tips and tricks for wedding deejaying. I'm sure there are stuff I am unaware about, and perhaps could use some polishing as well. ...Still not sure if I am going or not though.

Last day for FREE Expo Pass ....

Reactions: ittigger
I just booked a room at Harrah's Resort! ...I am taking my son with me this year. He is very excited to see the DJ Expo floor, and he is just old enough to go this year. My Brother MIGHT come with if he can get off of work. My dad wants to go, but it depends how his legs are feeling, so we may have a family entourage, or maybe just my son and myself.

Of course, there is still a chance we may not go at all, but about 95% likely we will be there.

I'm going (99%) .. not sure if alone or with my wife. I'll probably also book Harrahs. Trying to decide on Tue-Wed, Tue-Thu, or Wed-Thu. I always miss out on the last day specials and giveaways.

I'm going (99%) .. not sure if alone or with my wife. I'll probably also book Harrahs. Trying to decide on Tue-Wed, Tue-Thu, or Wed-Thu. I always miss out on the last day specials and giveaways.

Me too. My Dad if he goes can only go Monday/Tuesday. ...He has a Wednesday night gig every week, and he won't drive back Wednesday morning and then do the gig. I could go any day if I really wanted to though, but I figure Monday/Tuesday is best for us.

Remember .. the Expo part is not open on Monday.

Remember .. the Expo part is not open on Monday.

We go down every year on Monday. ...Usually sign in, and then do other stuff. Then go to the Expo on Tuesday. We usually have dinner in AC, then leave to drive home Tuesday night. One year we went down the AC Air Show was going on. That would be cool, but it is on Aug. 22nd this year.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Things are working out this year. I should be there Wednesday and Thursday if no other events comes in at week. I have an event Tuesday 45 minutes from Atlantic City so it’ll be a quick ride there. Hopefully this year I can win something big again and make the trip really worthwhile. I also have to remember to pack my earplugs.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
OK .. just booked Harrah's for Wednesday night (since I always miss the last day giveaways) .. King/Non-smoking/Harbor Tower. If you haven't booked, join the Caesars Total Rewards program and book directly through the hotel. The DJ Expo price was $129 + taxes/fees .. I got a room for $98 (of course taxes/fees brought it to $144). So save $30.

**NOTE** - If you join the Total Rewards program .. use discount code SEMI18 to get the lowest rate. Make sure you sign in with you TR account before booking to see the rates.

Next up .. who's up for an ODJT dinner on Wednesday night?

Last edited:
Wednesday night sounds great. When and where?

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express, Absecon.

That place last year was decent.

If we stay near Harrah's and stay mid-level, there is:
Oshi - Asian
McCormick and Schmick - Seafood / Steak
Veracruz - Tapas
Coastal Craft Kitchen

Golden Nugget has:
Chart House
Grotto - Italian

Borgatta is either high-end or low-end it seems.

Wednesday night is fine for me too let's just keep it priced reasonably. I don't want to end up washing dishes. Actually I worked in a restaurant in Macy's in the 80's and was paid really well. Plus triple time on holidays, your birthday off, vacation time and the killer full-time benefits with medical if you worked over 24 hours a week.

Not sure what "reasonable" is for everyone, but there doesn't seem to be any moderate priced and good restaurants in Harrahs (according to Yelp).

A couple at the Borgata across the park: N.O.W. Asian Fusion / Japanese, and the Borgata Buffet.

The higher rated restaurants are also higher priced .. McCormick and Schmicks, The Steakhouse, Martoranos, Chart House, etc.

Everything else is a drive.

There is one in Harrahs that gets mixed reviews .. rated well in OpenTable and less in Yelp .. Coastal Craft Kitchen & Bar. Menu: https://www.caesars.com/content/dam/atl/Dining/Casual/coastalcraft/dinner_menu_pdf.pdf ... and they have a seafood special on Wednesdays (not sure of next month) .. https://www.caesars.com/content/dam/atl/Dining/Casual/coastalcraft/weekly_special__35_menus_2017.pdf

I'm happy to make a reservation .. let me know thy thoughts ...

Last edited:
Reactions: ittigger
OK .. just booked Harrah's for Wednesday night (since I always miss the last day giveaways) .. King/Non-smoking/Harbor Tower. If you haven't booked, join the Caesars Total Rewards program and book directly through the hotel. The DJ Expo price was $129 + taxes/fees .. I got a room for $98 (of course taxes/fees brought it to $144). So save $30.

Next up .. who's up for an ODJT dinner on Wednesday night?

Thanks for the tip. I changed out my reservation and the total ended up being $9 more, but I was able to get a room in the renovated Bayview Tower and cancel my room-block reservation in the Marina Tower. Appreciated!

I'll likely be back on the road by Wednesday night, so I'll have to pass on dinner.

Thanks for the tip. I changed out my reservation and the total ended up being $9 more, but I was able to get a room in the renovated Bayview Tower and cancel my room-block reservation in the Marina Tower. Appreciated!

I'll likely be back on the road by Wednesday night, so I'll have to pass on dinner.
Brendan .. were you logged into the TR account when you booked? I see Bayview renovated rooms for $112, so it should have saved you $17 per night ...

1532808197987.png

actually, if I use earlier dates, it's cheaper still .. (this was Mon-Wed)

1532808311618.png