DJ Chat Hacked?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Cap Capello

Always @ Ur Service
ODJT Supporter
Dec 14, 2006
Saratoga, NY
www.imadj.com
When I try to log in, I'm getting bombarded with redirected trash. Anyone else?

Reactions: ittigger
Some have said that in the past week .. I haven't seen it, though I use both Ad-Blocker Pro and Ghostery on my browser.

Reactions: SEDJ and ittigger
Me too. ...So I stopped bothering with that site a few days ago. ...Let me know when Sid fixes it. That place has gone down hill pretty bad over the last 2.5 years.

Reactions: SEDJ and ittigger
Is Sid still alive? It seems all mods and admins there have been MIA for quite a while

EDIT: I just logged in with no problem but it's very slow opening pages

Last edited:
Is Sid still alive? It seems all mods and admins there have been MIA for quite a while

EDIT: I just logged in with no problem but it's very slow opening pages
Sid appeared for a day last month to do a server move, but hasn't been invested at all ... As Shawn said, I don't think a single new person has been admitted in the past 1.5 years. I go there occasionally, but some of the folks there "grind my gears".

Sid appeared for a day last month to do a server move, but hasn't been invested at all ... As Shawn said, I don't think a single new person has been admitted in the past 1.5 years. I go there occasionally, but some of the folks there "grind my gears".

I registered at that site a few months ago. I sent several communications/emails to multiple contacts to see about getting approved to be able to post, but I didn't receive any response. An online search showed I was not the only one to experience this. The website encourages to register and contact them if there are any problems and yet they don't respond or support it. At least they should take 2 minutes to update the site to say they are no longer accepting new members. I'm sorry but that is very unprofessional and seems shady to me.

Looks like it. When pasting in my password it wasn't dotted out as it's supposed to be. I tried to open up a few pages all but the homepage failed to load. vBulletin appears to be up to date. vB 4.x is on life support (only security patches - if you're lucky a patch gets rolled quickly)

I click on a blank area of the homepage and got this:
Screenshot from 2017-09-14 15-36-49.png

If had to guess with a recent server migration either file permissions weren't properly locked down or the ad server, which is separate software from the BBS, was exploited.

Last edited:
Saw a post from Sid on that other site saying the site is fixed.[emoji4]... a POST from SID... a rare occurrence .[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it. When pasting in my password it wasn't dotted out as it's supposed to be. I tried to open up a few pages all but the homepage failed to load. vBulletin appears to be up to date. vB 4.x is on life support (only security patches - if you're lucky a patch gets rolled quickly)

I click on a blank area of the homepage and got this:
View attachment 32898

If had to guess with a recent server migration either file permissions weren't properly locked down or the ad server, which is separate software from the BBS, was exploited.

Free software you can't beat that :)

Popups and scam ads started again yesterday and apparently with renewed vigor. As much I didn't want to, I've eliminated the site entirely, as apparently others are doing

If you are an advertiser on Chat, your investment dollars may be rapidly becoming less effective.

I got pop ups there the other day and gave up. Yes, Sid makes posts on facebook but has been inactive at DJchat.

There was an message up this morning saying working on the issues guess hibernation is over ;)