Ditch the Laptop

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
If they made a rackmountable sized one, I'd be in ... (maybe a folding 10" over a MC6000mk3)

10” SCREEN???!!![emoji1] I already have the exact same thing with my WeGO and Surface Pro tablet...

5635572b5eb910b858a637349462319a.jpg

[emoji1]... OK; maybe not the EXACT same, but I didn’t spend $1700 on it either.

C’mon Denon... You can do better than a 10” screen.[emoji1]

I wonder how you update the mp3 library?
Good question Rick , my guess would be having to pull the HD.

I wouldnt keep the HD in there at all times, only for gigs, update the HD before each gig.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I'd bet thumb drives.

If you're having to manually move files, it'd be a PITA to keep that thing updated. The real question is whether they have incremental updates implemented and I'm betting not. In my current case, I use 2 laptops and an external USB hard drive. I have a robocopy script on the primary unit which only copies new/updated files to the USB HD. Then, on the secondary, I use robocopy again to only copy new/updates files to that unit. If you have to do a complete copy it would be hours and hours of update time necessary.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
My bet is you use the Engine Prime software on a laptop, work up your playlists and crates (it also talks to Serato, Traktor and iTunes) and then put it on a flash or external HD.

Reactions: Handinon
Folks, digital revolution just began. Just waiting for the Pioneer response with the DMX system included and then (fingers crossed) Reloop (VDJ + DMX). No more laptops! Who needs them anyway? My buddy has $6000 system with 2 Mac books and flagship Pioneer. Crazy!.

Reactions: steve149
guys....as an rx2 user....im telling you.... these all in one units are the way to go... i work up all my playlists sitting comfortably at my pc... and it takes about 60 seconds to update my thumb drive(s) ...then just pop them in at the party and away we go...no worries about laptop updates...blue screen of death issues...just a solid unit dedicated to your music built right in.... this controller looks amazing...but i will wait a year or so and see the reviews... their last all in one unit had some big issues... so im hoping this is much improved

im not so impressed by the 10 inch monitor...mainly because its only bigger so that it can display the 3rd and 4th channel... which i would rarely use at a mobile... might be cool for a grand entrance with 4 tracks... but not worth upgrading

cc