DBX GoRack

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I don't understand why people need one of these. They are completely unnecessary. If you do proper gain structure with your sound system, you are fine.

I don’t want it for myself. My son needs it for a school project. Do you have one to sell me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, 2 benefits .. feedback control (can't do that with gain staging alone) and a simple mic mixer to add more to a limited DJ mixer.
Seems I use mine just like Steve does, only on the microphones - with a 3rd benefit, some mild compression. Gain Staging's not even an issue since it's not in the music's audio path.

Reactions: steve149
So you run the output of the mics through the GR and then into the mixer? What setting for feedback control?

So you run the output of the mics through the GR and then into the mixer? What setting for feedback control?
Yes. Wired mic goes into GR and actually uses it's mic preamp. Wireless mic also goes into GR, but is set for Line In.
Anti-Feedback is on 2, Compression is set to 40. The GR's is also set to mono (routing option 1), so there is just one mono output to a Mono Line In on my mixer. My controller goes to a Stereo Line In on the mixer - music doesn't go through the GR.

Understand with this configuration, that as I turn up the mic volume on my mixer, both mics come live since I'm too lazy to shut them off individually. It has not been a problem.

The anti-feedback has been an ear saver since I'm dealing with some mucho loco Hombre's (term of endearment) that don't know how to hold a mic, even if it hit them in the head.

Last edited: